Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC: Tunisia v England

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Quoted the Wrong person.

For what its worth Milner isnt even in the 23 man squad. He isnt even available for selection as he is retired from International Duty.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I just enjoyed seeing the England players find space and pass the ball to each other rather than running around like headless chickens like they have for most of the last 20 years :lol:

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
....so the complete inability to make the right decision at the right time, appalling first touch and unawareness of those around him ,will suddenly correct itself when he has more space. I agree that it was totally the wrong game for him. He shouldn't be anywhere near an England shirt, ever. He is an overrated liability. An overpaid headless chicken, with zero footballing nous. Granted he has a bit of pace but that just means he runs into people that much quicker. Last night, I cringed with embarrassment every time he went near the ball and promptly lost it.

I mean he clearly has the ability, sure he has off games (mostly in an England shirt) but I stand by my point. Let’s see what happens in a game where the opposition aren’t camped in their own box

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Think you've hit the nail on the head with Sterling.

He is great in a City team where he doesn't have to think too much about his football. He can rely on his pace and skill whilst being surrounded by the likes of De Bruyne and Silva who are exceptional because they think their way through games as well as having exceptional ability.

International football finds him out because he has to make decisions and take responsibilities he doesn't have to at club level.

This.

Like Walcott, but a level above him at his peak. Pace to burn, but in the key micro second of decision making, fluffs his lines. Also, a cliché, but not a natural/instinctive finisher (Kane, Fowler, Lineker, Owen, Shearer - it was in their lockers from a very early age, breaking scoring records).

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
This.

Like Walcott, but a level above him at his peak. Pace to burn, but in the key micro second of decision making, fluffs his lines. Also, a cliché, but not a natural/instinctive finisher (Kane, Fowler, Lineker, Owen, Shearer). It was always in their locker from a very early age, breaking scoring records.

that miss from lingards' centre was woeful.....woeful i tell ya

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Yeah, keep telling yourself you know more than Pep Guardiola and Gareth Southgate. :facepalm:

The game is all about opinions. I don't rate the guy. His game goes to pieces at international level, when there is more pressure on him. He is lucky at the moment as he has very little competition for that kind of role.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here