Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4047484950

0 Not allowed!
    As I clearly can't sleep, these are the teams we have beaten since 66 in knock out football in regulation in a euros or WC

86 - Paraguay
    90 - Cameroon ( Belgium AET)
    96 - (Spain Pens)
    02 - Denmark
    06 - Ecuador

That's it. Paraguay, Cameroon, Denmark and Ecuador.

Of the top nations we've beaten France (82), Argentina (02) and Holland (96) in the group stages. On the flip side, I think we've been drawn with Sweden 78 times and never beaten them in my memory.

Enjoy any England win in a major tournament. There aren't many of them.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      As I clearly can't sleep, these are the teams we have beaten since 66 in knock out football in regulation in a euros or WC

86 - Paraguay
      90 - Cameroon ( Belgium AET)
      96 - (Spain Pens)
      02 - Denmark
      06 - Ecuador

That's it. Paraguay, Cameroon, Denmark and Ecuador.

Of the top nations we've beaten France (82), Argentina (02) and Holland (96) in the group stages. On the flip side, I think we've been drawn with Sweden 78 times and never beaten them in my memory.

Enjoy any England win in a major tournament. There aren't many of them.
      We beat Belgium in 1990 , when they were a very good side in Extra time ,

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by tigertim68 View Post
      We beat Belgium in 1990 , when they were a very good side in Extra time ,
      So they were rubbish for the first 90 minutes ?
      If we lived in a perfect place nobody would vote Tory.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Prettyboyshaw View Post
      So ****ing what they were friendly games and didnít actually win😴 say what you want we should be beating these teams with ease and would have if itís wasnt for shit finishing and c u n. T of a ref
      What on earth has happened during England's nearly 70 years of playing competitive football that makes you think that? What are you basing that claim on?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brovion View Post
      What on earth has happened during England's nearly 70 years of playing competitive football that makes you think that? What are you basing that claim on?
      He's basing that claim on a long and consistent history of stupid statements
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Farehamseagull View Post
      I enjoyed that far more than watching England in previous tournaments and loved it when that deserved winner went in.

This is a different and much better squad and the nature of that winner will give us massive confidence. I fully expect us to trounce Panama, beat Belgium and go a long way in this tournament.

Kane, Lingard, Rashford and RLC are technically better than players weíve used previously but also have much more confidence in themselves at this level and are not afraid like the previous generations.

I hope we start with that front four as I really believe they could do some damage.

I didnít want Southgate to get the job at the time but heís won me over. He believes in this squad and vice versa - itís really showing - we would not have won that game under the last few managers.

I believe!
      Yes Iím quoting myself but I think I called that well. Some of the negativity after the Tunisia game on this thread was baffling, we were clearly going in the right direction.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Farehamseagull View Post
      Yes I’m quoting myself but I think I called that well. Some of the negativity after the Tunisia game on this thread was baffling, we were clearly going in the right direction.
      Im starting to think Sam Allardyce getting himself sacked was the best thing that's happened to England in years. No chance we'd be playing the style of football we are now under him