Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC: Tunisia v England

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
You do realise that Tunisia are 1 place behind us in the world ranking, recently came back from 2-0 against Portugal and held Spain until the 84th minute. I think your views on Tunisia are a bit outdated. They are the best team in Africa at the moment.

So ****ing what they were friendly games and didn’t actually win😴 say what you want we should be beating these teams with ease and would have if it’s wasnt for shit finishing and c u n. T of a ref

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So ****ing what they were friendly games and didn’t actually win�� say what you want we should be beating these teams with ease and would have if it’s wasnt for shit finishing and c u n. T of a ref

Is this your first World Cup watching England ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not talking club football.....talking international level.

Right, so against teams like Tunisia, rather than teams like Man United or Spurs? Club level is mostly higher than international level, due to the players playing together all the time and managers able to buy anyone they want to balance sides out.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Sterling was the worst of the front players last night but I wouldn't drop him. Southgate has spent so much time bigging him up he is highly unlikely to bin him off. As Panama are gash he may well have a field day and if he is bad again he can be dropped for the Belgium game under the guise of 'rested'

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Is this your first World Cup watching England ?

Amazing isn't it. We spend a good portion of the year taking the piss out of fans who think they should roll over #teamslikebrighton. Then England turn out for the World Cup and we should be beating #teamslikeTunisia because they must have a carpet salesman in goal and a part time kebab shop owner up front because we've never heard of them.

Germany, Spain, Brazil and Italy (yes, i know) didn't win thier first games at this WC but it's England who haven't beaten a top nation in 90 minutes in a knock out game - in a euros or world cup - since 66 that should be running up cricket scores.

Some people never learn.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
As I clearly can't sleep, these are the teams we have beaten since 66 in knock out football in regulation in a euros or WC

86 - Paraguay
90 - Cameroon ( Belgium AET)
96 - (Spain Pens)
02 - Denmark
06 - Ecuador

That's it. Paraguay, Cameroon, Denmark and Ecuador.

Of the top nations we've beaten France (82), Argentina (02) and Holland (96) in the group stages. On the flip side, I think we've been drawn with Sweden 78 times and never beaten them in my memory.

Enjoy any England win in a major tournament. There aren't many of them.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
As I clearly can't sleep, these are the teams we have beaten since 66 in knock out football in regulation in a euros or WC

86 - Paraguay
90 - Cameroon ( Belgium AET)
96 - (Spain Pens)
02 - Denmark
06 - Ecuador

That's it. Paraguay, Cameroon, Denmark and Ecuador.

Of the top nations we've beaten France (82), Argentina (02) and Holland (96) in the group stages. On the flip side, I think we've been drawn with Sweden 78 times and never beaten them in my memory.

Enjoy any England win in a major tournament. There aren't many of them.

We beat Belgium in 1990 , when they were a very good side in Extra time ,

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
So ****ing what they were friendly games and didn’t actually win😴 say what you want we should be beating these teams with ease and would have if it’s wasnt for shit finishing and c u n. T of a ref
What on earth has happened during England's nearly 70 years of playing competitive football that makes you think that? What are you basing that claim on?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
What on earth has happened during England's nearly 70 years of playing competitive football that makes you think that? What are you basing that claim on?

He's basing that claim on a long and consistent history of stupid statements

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I enjoyed that far more than watching England in previous tournaments and loved it when that deserved winner went in.

This is a different and much better squad and the nature of that winner will give us massive confidence. I fully expect us to trounce Panama, beat Belgium and go a long way in this tournament.

Kane, Lingard, Rashford and RLC are technically better than players we’ve used previously but also have much more confidence in themselves at this level and are not afraid like the previous generations.

I hope we start with that front four as I really believe they could do some damage.

I didn’t want Southgate to get the job at the time but he’s won me over. He believes in this squad and vice versa - it’s really showing - we would not have won that game under the last few managers.

I believe!

Yes I’m quoting myself but I think I called that well. Some of the negativity after the Tunisia game on this thread was baffling, we were clearly going in the right direction.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Yes I’m quoting myself but I think I called that well. Some of the negativity after the Tunisia game on this thread was baffling, we were clearly going in the right direction.

Im starting to think Sam Allardyce getting himself sacked was the best thing that's happened to England in years. No chance we'd be playing the style of football we are now under him

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here