Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249 ... LastLast
    Members

2 Not allowed!
    I enjoyed that far more than watching England in previous tournaments and loved it when that deserved winner went in.

This is a different and much better squad and the nature of that winner will give us massive confidence. I fully expect us to trounce Panama, beat Belgium and go a long way in this tournament.

Kane, Lingard, Rashford and RLC are technically better than players weíve used previously but also have much more confidence in themselves at this level and are not afraid like the previous generations.

I hope we start with that front four as I really believe they could do some damage.

I didnít want Southgate to get the job at the time but heís won me over. He believes in this squad and vice versa - itís really showing - we would not have won that game under the last few managers.

I believe!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by luppers View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Loftus-Cheek was super, like to withdraw your stupid comment?
      I think he realised he wasn't a Palace player anymore at about the same time as me; i.e. when he started playing well.

Comment withdrawn and your childlike lack of punctuation fixed!
      :guitar:

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      Lingaard was gash, banjo and cow's arse spring to mind.
      Lingard was Ashley Barnes. In the right place at the right time over and over again. Missed the chances but will score if he keeps playing like this.
      It's probably nice to be Olympic champion. Like winning Gent-Wevelgem or something.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Farehamseagull View Post

Kane, Lingard, Rashford and RLC are technically better than players we’ve used previously
      Kane maybe but Rashford is still fairly green and Lingard is overrated and did not have a good game. I think we have have better squads over the years than this squad.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      An hour on from final whistle and signing out from NSC for the day.

My emotion is very non-Corinthian, as I'm elated that we beat a bunch of cheating cntz with their pal the corrupt ref.
      Well said, the cheating dirty ******** got their Kane Karma in the end.
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by brakespear View Post
      Henderson running towards the edge of the area with the box, turns round and suddenly the ball is being dicked around with on the halfway line on the other side of the pitch.
      Isn't that what we do? BHA

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bry Nylon View Post
      First 20 minutes I thought, "hey ho - maybe this is a bright new dawn for England!"

I should have known

Since then, it's been the same old bunch of lethargic, lacklustre millionaire headphones who can't break down a team of waiters and taxi drivers.
      Keep the faith
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Farehamseagull View Post
      I enjoyed that far more than watching England in previous tournaments and loved it when that deserved winner went in.

This is a different and much better squad and the nature of that winner will give us massive confidence. I fully expect us to trounce Panama, beat Belgium and go a long way in this tournament.

Kane, Lingard, Rashford and RLC are technically better than players weíve used previously but also have much more confidence in themselves at this level and are not afraid like the previous generations.

I hope we start with that front four as I really believe they could do some damage.

I didnít want Southgate to get the job at the time but heís won me over. He believes in this squad and vice versa - itís really showing - we would not have won that game under the last few managers.

I believe!
      You are joking aren't you? We were playing Tunisia not Brazil! First half deserved to be a couple up and, we should be. Second half poor but got what we deserved in the end. Lingard 😂 Southgate 'win you over' 😂 Easily pleased or what!

0 Not allowed!
      Kane first man to score 2 goals in one world cup match for 28 years and only rates 7.09 out of 10 on BBC fans rating poll.

Some people need to get real. Kane is our best striker since Lineker and he saved our bacon. 9/10 from me, Trippier superb for an inexperienced player, Henderson stood out too.
      "Intercluderent aut mori"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pavilionaire View Post
      Kane first man to score 2 goals in one world cup match for 28 years and only rates 7.09 out of 10 on BBC fans rating poll.

Some people need to get real. Kane is our best striker since Lineker and he saved our bacon. 9/10 from me, Trippier superb for an inexperienced player, Henderson stood out too.
      Kane reminds me of the days when England scraped wins thanks to Shearer always being at the right place at the right time. Kane really is the teams most vital player. As for Dele Ali, I think he's England's most overrated player. He just throws himself to ground whenever it comes to needing some skill. He's the new Jenas, average. Wilshere is miles better.