Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sweden v South Korea

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Memorably unmemorable game thus far, apart from flair hair on the Korean keeper.

H-T 0-0. Obviously.

Last edited:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I've got Korea in my work sweepstake, I'm aiming for the wooden spoon.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm quite enjoying this. Its getting pretty narky.

Hoo Flung Dung just had a couple of strapping nordic studs thrust deep into his calf. Looked painful.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Another VAR awarded pen. Absolutely right this time. Can't believe the ref didn't give originally. 1-0 Sweden

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
That is a great example of VAR proving it's worth.

In real time it really looked like the defender got a touch on the ball, but it was the attacking player who touched it, the defender didn't get the ball, but you would need a close second look at it to know that. Penalty was the right decision but only made possible with VAR. Good advert for the system that one.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The VAR worked perfectly there, stonewall pen that the ref really should have given straight away. It was right to pull that back for a review, and the correct decision was made.

Still dunno why that didn't happen in the Argentina Iceland game. But when its correctly implemented it works well.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Another VAR awarded pen. Absolutely right this time. Can't believe the ref didn't give originally. 1-0 Sweden

Harsh on the ref I think - it wasn't clear from his angle. There was a touch on the ball, but he probably thought the defender got it when actually the forward nicked it away from the defender before being taken down.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
That's what VAR was made for. Quite enjoyed the cricket style protesting from the Swedes as they ran back down the pitch to defend.

The office just got a bit lively!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The Korean defender appeared to be clipped just before making the tackle that gave away the penalty. Looked like a fk to Korea on that basis.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here