Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] G Mail help please

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Just written an email and want to make attachments.

So as usual, click the attachments symbol which takes me to documents.

However, when I click Open file to attach all it does is open the actual file with all its breakdown showing, but will not attach to email.

Never had this before and tried all I can think of.

Any ideas?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

However, when I click Open file to attach all it does is open the actual file with all its breakdown showing, but will not attach to email.

Any ideas?

Silly question, are you sure you're clicking on the paperclip symbol ?

Stumpy Tim

Any ideas?

Open the folder in File Explorer, and drag the file into the body of the message

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is the problem on your computer, tablet or phone? Is it using the website or app? Does it happen if you use a different browser?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Is the problem on your computer, tablet or phone? Is it using the website or app? Does it happen if you use a different browser?

It is on laptop. Opened sites in Google Chrome, downloaded, then transferred to documents. When I try to attach to email as usual, it will not attach but just opens the files.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Must admit I have never used G-mail. had to open one in order to access other Google services but I have never ever given it out as an E-mail addy to anyone, its slowly filling up with unread Google advertising which will never be responded to.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Think I may have discovered problem. I was able to attach excel docs etc. ok.

However, the download I was trying to attach had to be converted to a zip file, which I did and have now sent.

Thanks for input.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Think I may have discovered problem. I was able to attach excel docs etc. ok.

However, the download I was trying to attach had to be converted to a zip file, which I did and have now sent.

Thanks for input.

See? you knew what the problem was all along. This lot on here were no help at all were they! :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here