Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Anyone got ITV Hub on their phone ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I installed it today intending to watch Sweden v South Korea at work on the snide, but when I press 'play' on live TV, it just says "sorry something went wrong, please try again". Unintalled and reinstalled it, turned the phone off and on again etc, but its not having it. I've used ITV Hub at home on my laptop without any issues, but this phone app is gubbins. And having read some of the app reviews, some are saying that it won't stream the World Cup games live anyway.

Typical piece of ITV SHITE by the looks. BBC iPlayer works like a dream on my phone, no probs streaming the games live. But this thing is an absolute pile of old ponce. I might've known I suppose.

*grumble*

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have it installed on mine (iphone SE) and worked absolutely fine for whatever game was on ITV on Friday :shrug:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Been working absolutely fine* on my Samsung S8. :thumbsup:

*By which I mean it looks like someone has smeared vaseline all over the camera lenses because ITV are too cheap to stream things in HD or even a respectable quality to phones, but I do at least get to squint at a moving picture of some football.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Must be my phone then. Tch.
Or maybe the works wi-fi is blocking me now....

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
I installed it today intending to watch Sweden v South Korea at work on the snide, but when I press 'play' on live TV, it just says "sorry something went wrong, please try again". Unintalled and reinstalled it, turned the phone off and on again etc, but its not having it. I've used ITV Hub at home on my laptop without any issues, but this phone app is gubbins. And having read some of the app reviews, some are saying that it won't stream the World Cup games live anyway.

Typical piece of ITV SHITE by the looks. BBC iPlayer works like a dream on my phone, no probs streaming the games live. But this thing is an absolute pile of old ponce. I might've known I suppose.

*grumble*

Are you signed in on your phone Easy, as I'm sure this has happened to me before when I'm not signed in.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Are you signed in on your phone Easy, as I'm sure this has happened to me before when I'm not signed in.

Yep I logged in. But I just get an error window come up as soon as I press play. Uninstalled it now. I might bring my tablet in tomorrow and try it on that.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Must be my phone then. Tch.
Or maybe the works wi-fi is blocking me now....

If it is a block on the wi-fi, you could try installing these - Ka-Block and WeBlock apps. Ostensibly they are there for blocking ads (which they do, like a dream) by setting up a reroute. Can't promise anything, but one or either or both might get past any obstreperous wifi shenanigans.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's you Dave

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
On a tangent, I forgot to set a series link up for the live matches on the BBC but found out I could log into my Virgin box from my phone and set the link from there which is pretty impressive imo :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here