Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Worlds most impressive Buildings

May 21, 2014
Portslade
Hearst Castle in San Simeon, California is a pretty impressive building however the location of it is equally as stunning HearstCastle-712894.0.jpeg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The "Crystal Palace " pub in Tunbridge Wells I believe. Sad to see a closed Harvey's pub despite the name.
Last landlord inside for glassing someone

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
The City of Arts and Sciences in Valencia

opera-house.jpg

Arch2O-City-of-Arts-and-Sciences-01.jpg

1.jpg

calatrava-barsa_13.jpg

988_l.jpg

Palau-Arts-CAC.jpg

Yes it's a complex of buildings on a campus, not just one. Unsurprisingly used as an alien city location for Doctor Who last year, to great effect.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The pyramids of Giza were built 12,000 years ago by a civilisation currently unknown, but there's always someone who will believe they were built by the pharoahs. But as I said, that would be a whole new thread.
[MENTION=277]looney[/MENTION] - you’re slacking.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Exactly what I was going to post but nodded off. Going for a 2nd/3rd time this year.

View attachment 97820

If you haven't already - a nice way is to go is via Palma de Majorca.

I love that city for different reasons and you can pop on a cheap internal flight to Granada.

Since flights (can be) cheap to Palma and expensive to Granada in can offset itself.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That building really is stunning and well worth visiting, we went there a couple of years ago and Valancia is a fabulous city break

I've just got back.

Saw the complex from the bus but spent a few days before reading about how it completely defines Spanish over-spending.

.. somewhat put me off.

Great beach though in Valencia - marvelous.

Also apparently falling apart in places. One of the building above was wrapped in scaffolding.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Taj Mahal is the most breathtaking building I've ever seen. If you've only seen photos, it's hard to appreciate all the tiny intricate details set into the marble. It is an absolute wonder, at any time of day. The entire day we were there, every time I turned away, when I turned back and glimpsed it again, I was still blown away, every single time.

I assume you have your own iconic picture of you enigmatically sitting alone on that bench, in tribute to Diana. Please do share.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Me too.

The lifts and the viewing deck at the top are on the snug side.

Having been there as well, I can confirm that. A bit claustrophobic.
Apropos nothing else, I attended a trade show event there and Chuck Berry was the entertainment. All the band were his family members.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I love Art Deco so I think The Empire State Building is a wonderful building.
Previous poster mentioned St Pancras station and it is a wonderful building now that it is renovated, but as far as stations go, Grand Central Station NYC is fabulous. I only popped in for an quick look but stayed for over an hour gawping at the architecture and popped in to one of the outlets for a pizza and beer.
And I love the way the yanks still use "All Aboard".

Grand Central is an interesting one because it's the interior that is impressive rather than the exterior, but I agree. In NYC I prefer the Chrysler Building to the Empire State because of the mad spire.

chrysler-building-01-645x290.jpg

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
800px-US_Bank_Stadium_-_West_Facade.jpg

Stunning.

Conservationists hate it though, as birds are constantly flying into the side of it. Every day they have to gather up dead or injured birds from all around it.

It better be thick with the weather they have in Minnesota which is much like Canada but not quite as bad.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here