Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brazil v Switzerland

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Switzerland played to knobble and frustrate Neymar (playing at 80% fitness). The Brazilian coach shoud have introduced Diego Costa against the Swiss defense. They would have crapped their pants against that animal.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Neymar set pieces were shocking tonight. They need to find Pascal Groß's Brazilian granny to get him eligible.

Or just let Coutinho take them. The cult of Neymar will do for Brazil this World Cup just like it did last time round.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Switzerland played to knobble and frustrate Neymar (playing at 80% fitness). The Brazilian coach shoud have introduced Diego Costa against the Swiss defense. They would have crapped their pants against that animal.

He is probably a bit tired after scoring two for Spain the other night, deserves the rest.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Match summary:
Brazil - all fur coat and no knickers, typified by Marcelo’s performance. He was poor in 2014 and hasn’t improved.
Swiss - opportunity favours the brave, it was more of a brush than a push for the goal and if Brazil can't combat that level of physicality...?!!

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is this tournament opening up already ?, Brazil, Spain and Argentina held, Germany losing ?

I don’t read too much into opening games; Spain lost to Switzerland in their 2010 opener and went on to win the tournament.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Why are both teams fielding female celebs, such as Miranda, Cher, Shakira, Pauline, Rosa. They are missing Renee but do have Renato, there's even Zuba, the Taxi company.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Match summary:
Brazil - all fur coat and no knickers, typified by Marcelo’s performance. He was poor in 2014 and hasn’t improved.
Swiss - opportunity favours the brave, it was more of a brush than a push for the goal and if Brazil can combat that level of physicality...?!!

He hasn’t improved from the best left back in the world into the bestest left back in the world?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
That's because they are TV pundits and the first question asked at interview for that job is 'Are you prepared to slavishly worship every generation of Brazilian footballers because of something their predecessors were in 1970?'

Or because it was a foul?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He hasn’t improved from the best left back in the world into the bestest left back in the world?

Inbetween he might have been, but had a poor tournament 4 years ago and was wasteful tonight for me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don’t read too much into opening games; Spain lost to Switzerland in their 2010 opener and went on to win the tournament.

Phew. So I can relax about tomorrows 0-1 to the Tunisians, then. :goal:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why are both teams fielding female celebs, such as Miranda, Cher, Shakira, Pauline, Rosa. They are missing Renee but do have Renato, there's even Zuba, the Taxi company.

You missed Allison.

My aim is true.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

England would field Sonja though.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Clattenburg, Wright, Keane and Neville, all said the Swisss goal should not have stood.

So a clear goal for me then, Clattenburg is showing his colours as a clueless idiot he has so far added nothing but confusion to every VAR decision, Ian wrong, Keane and Neville arent improving it for me.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So a clear goal for me then, Clattenburg is showing his colours as a clueless idiot he has so far added nothing but confusion to every VAR decision, Ian wrong, Keane and Neville arent improving it for me.

Clattenburg typifies much that's wrong in the game i.e. famous referees. Football was much better when we didn't know who the man in the middle was. Today they want media careers akin to Big Brother contestants

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No it wasn't. Football is a contact sport.

My feeling is that it was a goal. I think pushing is only an issue if it uses excessive force (or whatever the wording is) , and that didn’t look excessive.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If history is to go by we up **** the first game recover get through to the knockout stage and lose on penalties satisfied?

Not satisfied, no. My prejudices reinforced by events? Quite probably. Still, we can but hope. :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here