Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sorry yes second !

I wish you were right though. I just want us to get through the group. Last 16 against top of group H won’t be easy despite it looking weaker on paper.

I’ve spent too many years looking at permitations that never happened - let’s just do our best to qualify first!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I had a glance and made it come 2nd in our group and we’d avoid both if Germany done top theirs but Brazil do?

Brazil vs Germany in the 2nd round if Brazil finish 1st with Germany 2nd in their respective groups.

We’d then player the winner if we finish top and progress to the quarters.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
:lol: :lolol:

If Mexico could finish that would’ve been 3 or 4-0. Worst Germany performance at a tournament for many, many years.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Couldn't be that the naughty Russian fans made unrelenting noise outside the German hotel last night, with a little livener or two for extra energy to keep the players awake? Interesting theory on Twitter.

The players certainly looked off their game. Surely the hotel is hidden away? ???

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Another poor result and Germany will be retreating earlier than expected from Russia.

Even in defeat, one has to admire their consistency.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Couldn't be that the naughty Russian fans made unrelenting noise outside the German hotel last night, with a little livener or two for extra energy to keep the players awake? Interesting theory on Twitter.

The players certainly looked off their game. Surely the hotel is hidden away? ???

they weren't just off their game, they were tactically inept constantly failing to change to the counter-attacking threats of Mexico. could blame a lackluster performance on tiredness, not that sort of complacency.

D

Deleted member 18477

Spain outclassed Portugal. Portugal were just lucky that their one player showed up, although even he can’t rely on a goalkeeping error, a penalty and a free kick in every game. I also just don’t see it with Belgium. Surely no team with Lukaku as the main striker can win a World Cup.

Brazil and Spain the red hot favourites and an opportunity for a new country to have a serious shot at winning it for me.

Portugal do alrite against Spain. And did alrite without their main player in the finals of the Euro's didn't they...

We'll see. I know what you mean about Lukaku but with De Bruyne, Hazard, Mertens and Vertonghen they have a chance. You could be right about a new team surprising us all... Although cannot see past Portugal, Brazil, France, Spain, Germany, Belgium realistically. Argentina, Uruguay, Colombia, Switzerland, Poland, Croatia and England are in the next batch...

Dark horse could be Russia with the 12th man behind them, although I'll judge them after the Egypt game.

And from what I've just said it proves how open this World Cup really is :) I haven't got a clue which is how it should be!

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Woken up still confused by how SHIT Germany were. They didn't even look bothered about constantly being outnumbered on the break by Mexico. Didn't see any bollockings given out, which makes me think it was just a horrendous tactical error from Loew, but then baffled that he didn't really change it in the second half. They looked bizarrely detached from the whole thing.

Just read, Loew referred to Germany as "jinxed"?! What the ****? They were LUCKY not to lose by more!

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
More importantly, here’s my post Germany, pre-Brazil wings and burger

Attachments

• 0117917E-F460-496B-9C25-A373E1A73549.png
    0117917E-F460-496B-9C25-A373E1A73549.png
    573.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 0BB5F994-96DA-41FA-BE81-FE5007351CD0.png
    0BB5F994-96DA-41FA-BE81-FE5007351CD0.png