Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Woken up still confused by how SHIT Germany were. They didn't even look bothered about constantly being outnumbered on the break by Mexico. Didn't see any bollockings given out, which makes me think it was just a horrendous tactical error from Loew, but then baffled that he didn't really change it in the second half. They looked bizarrely detached from the whole thing.

Just read, Loew referred to Germany as "jinxed"?! What the ****? They were LUCKY not to lose by more!

Yep. I thought they were very much second best in the first half, but controlled the game in the second - although even then the Mexicans had two glorious chances to extend their lead.

Have Germans decided not to play with full-backs in this tournament or something?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nice. Which did you go for?

You greedy fat f***

Nice use of font colour

Both. Washed down with a Brooklyn EIPA. Greedy yes, I’m not fat though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The Germans haven't been in great form since they qualified, their only win this year is a narrow 2-1 victory over the footballing giants of Saudi Arabia. In the last 6 months they've lost to Austria and Brazil with draws against England, Spain and France.

To me they look like a team that is past its prime. Ozil did his usual disappearing act, although I fully expect him to look world class against Korea.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yep. I thought they were very much second best in the first half, but controlled the game in the second - although even then the Mexicans had two glorious chances to extend their lead.

Have Germans decided not to play with full-backs in this tournament or something?

Controlled the game but in a way Mexico would've been more than happy with. Very few clear cut chances. Still baffled by the tactics. Clearly wasn't working defensively after about 10-15 mins, Lozano was getting through time and time again.

I KNOW don't write them off and I KNOW friendlies are meaningless but I think that 2-1 against Saudi Arabia does still look potentially very concerning. If that was England we'd be in absolute meltdown. How did the Saudis score against them? Vs Russia they looked like possibly the worst WC side for many, many years.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very false. They were non existent every time the Mexicans broke.

The left back is the understudy, Hector is first choice, and has only played 6 games so far and none were what I’d call competitive. I think he can be excused.

The odd one is Kimmich. He’s very experienced and regularly plays to a high standard for club and country at central midfield, centre back and now right back; I would expect better reading of the game and decision making.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The left back is the understudy, Hector is first choice, and has only played 6 games so far and none were what I’d call competitive. I think he can be excused.

The odd one is Kimmich. He’s very experienced and regularly plays to a high standard for club and country at central midfield, centre back and now right back; I would expect better reading of the game and decision making.

Ausreden, Ausreden!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here