Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Your favourite Creedence Clearwater Revival/John Fogarty song

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008

Has to be this one, but so many to choose from. One of the first singles I bought was Bad Moon Rising. Saw John Fogerty at the RAH a few years ago - a great show.

Another band badly ripped off by their management, and it split the band too.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Have you ever seen the rain

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

A cracking song l'll agree, but as to them once being the biggest band in the world, what is that based on? They certainly weren't in terms of record sales, and can only be a matter of opinion in my book.

A source of inspiration for more many modern successful bands though, the late Rick Parfitt of Status quo was said to base himself on John Fogerty.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Mmmmmm. Before my time but I love their greatest hits album.
SuzieQ, Have you ever seen the rain, Run through the jungle, Green river, Proud Mary or Fortunate son?

I think the answer probably is Bad Moon Rising though.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A cracking song l'll agree, but as to them once being the biggest band in the world, what is that based on? They certainly weren't in terms of record sales, and can only be a matter of opinion in my book.

A source of inspiration for more many modern successful bands though, the late Rick Parfitt of Status quo was said to base himself on John Fogerty.

I would say critically acclaimed rather than biggest.

Proud Mary most people would probably say Ike and Tina Turner same with Rockin' all over the world where Quo are more associated with the song.

Their one track that still seems to be played on the radio is Bad Moon Rising.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Who'll Stop The Rain (feat. Bob Seger) from Fogerty's album 'Wrote A Song For Everyone':

[yt]j48955kL8zo[/yt]

I saw JF supporting The Boss in Hyde Park in 2012, he sounded great and put on a good show.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach

Has to be this one, but so many to choose from. One of the first singles I bought was Bad Moon Rising. Saw John Fogerty at the RAH a few years ago - a great show.

Another band badly ripped off by their management, and it split the band too.
I saw Fogerty in Perth.... didn't overly speak highly of his brother

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Picking a favourite CCR song is like being asked to pick a favourite child, almost impossible, changes daily and you'll upset the songs you don't pick.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here