Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton resident wins BBC garden competition.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2NW1zQH5YDGHbpYxMGSV219/the-every-space-counts-finalists

Screenshot_20180617-092922.png

55 mins in.

Well done to Zoe De Souza
:clap:

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I couldn't believe this result, her 'garden' was just a collection of random trendy, hipster cra_p, stuck on the walls with a few plants stuffed in between. It was was totally un-coordinated and disjointed. For me there were three better gardens then hers, still, I expect the BBC will drool over the result as it fits their agenda.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I couldn't believe this result, her 'garden' was just a collection of random trendy, hipster cra_p, stuck on the walls with a few plants stuffed in between. It was was totally un-coordinated and disjointed. For me there were three better gardens then hers, still, I expect the BBC will drool over the result as it fits their agenda.

Totally agree. Saw it on Friday evening.

Gardens 2 and 3 were far more interesting, incredible what they did with a tiny space.

Everyone on the stage looked surprised to say the least.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Oh come on, the flowers in the old fireplace from the salvage yard is a thing of beauty :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove

Yep, go to agree, fits right in to the Right-On BBC identikit package. Funny then that her garden was voted as the winner by the general public at large, must all be coming around to the Beebs way of thinking :eek:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yep, go to agree, fits right in to the Right-On BBC identikit package. Funny then that her garden was voted as the winner by the general public at large, must all be coming around to the Beebs way of thinking :eek:

Or someone artistic making a garden, in a confined space, because they can't afford to have the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, like the other entrants.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Or someone artistic making a garden, in a confined space, because they can't afford to have the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, like the other entrants.

Errr... all the entrants had confined spaces, that was the point of the competition, it's just that the others managed to combine their artistic talents with their gardening talents to create a unified space.

To me, the winner's garden was just a hotch-potch mess.

Each to his or her own I suppose.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Errr... all the entrants had confined spaces, that was the point of the competition, it's just that the others managed to combine their artistic talents with their gardening talents to create a unified space.

To me, the winner's garden was just a hotch-potch mess.

Each to his or her own I suppose.

I know that Einstein, I was making a point that just because it doesn't look like a typical garden, it should be given a chance :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I considered making some quip about her being a 'lady' and it being a 'garden' but decided that might be bit controversial. As you were.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Just got back from Gardeners World Live at the NEC. Garden design is a bit like art, some people will love it, some will hate it but no design is ever wrong . I voted for the Brighton garden as it was quirky and different and fitted well into a tiny space. Glad she won.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here