Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Peru look quite a decent set up, calling Albion scouts fill yer boots

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Carrillo looks great! How did he do for Watford last season?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Really enjoyed that. I love Peru, their fans, the way they play, their attitude (not one long ball punted forward) and flair.

Denmark did a job on them. Used their big-leagues experience. Fair play to the Danes.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Not a bad game. However those of us watching in the Colonies have had to endure this idiot commentator https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2016/10/jorge-perez-navarro-joins-espn-deportes/
I can only describe him as someone sitting in studio in LA ( yes.. not even there) holding his nose and speaking bo**ocks whist breathing helium and trying to push out a log. Truely annoying. :shootself
Makes his co commentator Mariano Trujillo (ex Mexican player) sound like a poet. If I have to hear them again its VPN and the Beeb.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A ref can call for VAR but he can also get someone in his ear telling him he may want to look at it from what i understand.

No, he can't.

The ref will make his on-field decisions as normal and play will go on. VAR will ONLY get involved if they think he's missed something, or made a clear mistake. Then he'll get a notification in his ear, and have the option of reviewing it. What he can't do is stop play and call for a VAR to make a decision on something he's not sure of. He's got to ref the game as "normal", and will only get notified by the VAR if he may have dropped a bollock.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Per an earlier post - I want VAR to be used in a way that would have led to awarding Denmark at least two penalties for clear fouls at corners. They weren’t debatable, no 50/50; just clear fouls. If we start giving These incidents as penalties in VAR games, refs generally will get braver at giving them (like lbw decisions for spinners since tech was introduced in Cricket)...and maybe the pushing and holding at corners and free kicks will be significantly reduced as a result...?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Out of interest, why do you think it was a penalty? I can’t see a penalty in any angle.

Player's foot was caught impeding his movement. Then he threw himself to the ground theatrically. But he was caught. As far as I could see. But I have not seen any slomo from a good angle. I am going on what I (think I can) see. On sober reflection (ahem) a day later I'm not so sure. Would need to see it from a proper angle.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Player's foot was caught impeding his movement. Then he threw himself to the ground theatrically. But he was caught. As far as I could see. But I have not seen any slomo from a good angle. I am going on what I (think I can) see. On sober reflection (ahem) a day later I'm not so sure. Would need to see it from a proper angle.
I thought he threw himself to the ground.. left his leg dangling, then the tiny weeniest of touches tapped the attackers foot. That’s what I personally saw from every angle. Not for me Harry. Although a few beers and I might have seen it differently.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought he threw himself to the ground.. left his leg dangling, then the tiny weeniest of touches tapped the attackers foot. That’s what I personally saw from every angle. Not for me Harry. Although a few beers and I might have seen it differently.

It is all about opinions :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here