SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Leo?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Shit. That should have been at Twickenham.

F**k off Schmeichel. I thought of Glenn Murray when he stepped up. :(

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Boy's decided to spend the rest of the game feeling sorry for himself. Team mate not amused.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought that the ref decides when to use VAR? He was clearly told to go and use it. The 4th official in his ear could simply have told him it was a pen.

That said from the only angle shown to the ref it looks like a dive. You need another angle to see it was a clear pen.

Weird.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I thought that the ref decides when to use VAR? He was clearly told to go and use it. The 4th official in his ear could simply have told him it was a pen.

That said from the only angle shown to the ref it looks like a dive. You need another angle to see it was a clear pen.

Weird.

Weird because the angle shown to the ref looks like a pen to me but the other shows a small contact not enough to bring down a player who is moving away from the goal.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
VAR looks like a new toy that FIFA want to get out at almost every opportunity, but when its been used today, the decision achieved by using it seems to have been the wrong one.

Time to put the toy back in the box and put it in the attic

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
breaking-news.png

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
What would have happened if Denmark had scored quickly on the counter attack ? ie before the VAR refs had a chance to view the incident and contact the ref.
Feels like I'm watching a game show rather than a football match.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just watching the France first pen. Same shit. Ref plays on, then gets a call in his ear, then (this time) makes the wrong decision from the VAR. Greasyman dived. Bloke on telly saying it has to be clear and obvious for ref to be told to use VAR. What are the actual rules? Can a ref call for VAR if he isn't sure himself, or does he have to be told to use it?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
VAR looks like a new toy that FIFA want to get out at almost every opportunity, but when its been used today, the decision achieved by using it seems to have been the wrong one.

Time to put the toy back in the box and put it in the attic

I still prefer to have it, it needs improvement which will happen but on average the decisions will be correct. Just because some wont be is no need to ditch it and it will get better with practice.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
There was the tiniest little touch at the end of the challenge, but the Peru player was already diving on the way down. The VAR didn’t show the best angle. I agree with GL, why does the red have to watch it on tv, it should just be a message in his ear, yes it’s a pen, or no it’s not. Also why isn’t VAR picking up pushes and shirt pulling on corners in the box? But the tiniest touch you’ll ever see, wins a penalty? Sometimes football is shite.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Just watching the France first pen. Same shit. Ref plays on, then gets a call in his ear, then (this time) makes the wrong decision from the VAR. Greasyman dived. Bloke on telly saying it has to be clear and obvious for ref to be told to use VAR. What are the actual rules? Can a ref call for VAR if he isn't sure himself, or does he have to be told to use it?

A ref can call for VAR but he can also get someone in his ear telling him he may want to look at it from what i understand.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here