Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mark Lawreson

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Never really taken to Lawro mainly because of his propensity to

a) incorporate some very weak jokes and

b) adopt a 'seen it all' take on most things football (mind you perhaps he has)

He also looks as if he is melting, but maybe that's something he can't help. Great player though.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The Eeyore of pundits. Has a voice to slit your wrists to.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
At no point does he ever give you the impression he loves football. It’s a bit like sitting next to a really moany git at a match. Wonderful footballer but seriously mediocre on the box.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He seems a decent enough bloke. As for a punter, he seems about as average as the rest of them. But it’s not a difficult game so it is what it is

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I did like his comment regarding the French no 21 when he went down like a dying swan …."oh dear oh dear whats he done dislocated his shoelaces " .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Generally l might agree, but today l thought he was spot on, Ausralia were hard done by, and very unlucky to lose.

This.

Invent the narrative around the result Danny Murphy would’ve summarised: A classy France overcome a stubborn Oz, with fantastic pertormances from Mbappe, Dembele, Pogba and Griezmann.

Which would be bull. Lawro is honest.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
“That was more Frank Carson than Scott...” after the England keepers howler a few years a go” :bowdown: Still makes me chuckle, I like Lawro. Great pundit.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I did like his comment regarding the French no 21 when he went down like a dying swan …."oh dear oh dear whats he done dislocated his shoelaces " .

Yes l loved that too! I know he can appear somewhat dour and forthright at times, but hey that's just his opinion, and like many typical northerners he says it like it is, no one says you have to agree with him, he is just sparking debate.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well I quite like his comments and observations :shrug:

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Has great knowledge of the game ,played at the very top level and one of the finest players to wear the blue and white stripes. Thats enough for me!

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I always thought he was good, but in the last couple of years the quality of commentating / pundatory has got so much better that he now feels dated

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The worst thing about him is his willful ignorance. He might have had some good points about VAR but as he was making them he was checking with the commentator how it worked. Do your very ****ing cool job properly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I once sold Lawro cigarettes, and apart from Chippy and Wardy and Bobby Smith is the only Albion player I have ever spoken to. On the whole I like him, especially after people on here cleared up my misconception about his latterday antipathy towards The Albion. He's always funny, sardonic and waspish on the telly and radio. Alright, he may not always have a clue about what's going on, but neither do I. By comparison, Danny Murphy, more cuddly though he may be, tends to state the bleedin obvious in tedious detail too often for more liking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here