Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mark Lawreson

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Appreciate where your coming from ........ but god was that free kick something special.

Interesting stat.

That was Ronaldo's 45th attempt at scoring from a direct free kick in a Finals tournament - and the FIRST TIME he has ever scored from one.

Yup, 44 previous attempts have been saved, larrupped into the wall, or smashed into row Z. That one v Spain was the first time EVER he has hit the rigging. If I was manager, I wouldn't let him anywhere NEAR a free kick in a dangerous position. He's next due around 2030.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Having been there and seen most of the matches, home and away that he played in for the Albion, what's to dislike about him? Sure, as a pundit, he's not a patch on the player he was, but how could he be? He really was the greatest, and I suspect that a few of the more negative posters on here might cut him a bit of slack if they were more aware of this than they appear to be.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Having been there and seen most of the matches, home and away that he played in for the Albion, what's to dislike about him? Sure, as a pundit, he's not a patch on the player he was, but how could he be? He really was the greatest, and I suspect that a few of the more negative posters on here might cut him a bit of slack if they were more aware of this than they appear to be.

:clap2:

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
What annoys me about Lawro - and in fact most of the pundits and commentators is that they really ought to spend the time learning the rules of the game. The main case in point is the offside rule. Regardless of whether you like the way it is or not, it is well defined and not ambiguous or open to interpretation. It is well defined in black and white. Many of the pundits - Lawro included seem to make their arguments based on how the rule was 20 years ago. If you're in the business of providing expert analysis, please at least take the time to read the current rules and understand them.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Any excuse to post the worst thing ever filmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFnymJDZAS8

I've never seen that – it really is shocking!

As for commentators, I cannot stand ITVs line-up – almost all of them. I caught a bit of Ian Dowie and the other fella (Joe someone?) who were doing the Germany/Mexico game and before I figured out who they were, I was convinced it was two jokers who'd won a competition or something!

Then Clive Tyldsley almost begging Brazil to win last night was just plain embarrassing. However, the one highlight was Bilic saying he didn't care about the Swiss goal being a possible foul. Totally not in the script for an analyst to say stuff like that, but it did make me laugh.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I don't think I've ever heard such an un-enthusiastic co-comentator as Mark Lawrenson. Sounds to be completely bored the whole time and would probably have more fun at a funeral. Nearly as dull as Alan Shearer - now he could send anyone to sleep. (Actually he did the other day - my old man nodded off at half time during his analysis)!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
By comparison, Danny Murphy, more cuddly though he may be, tends to state the bleedin obvious in tedious detail too often for more liking.

You mean like saying 'as long as you have Ronaldo in your team you have a chance' on Friday night and then taking the ****ing credit for predicting that the best player in the world would have an impact on the game. Cheers Danny, very insightful.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The best example of a pundit stealing a living in recent times was when Merse said he's never heard of any of the players we signed over the summer.

It's his ****ing job to know who they are.....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He's always been dour but since Hansen left him he's become downright miserable.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He just riles me, hate may be a strong word for Ronaldo but I find myself increasingly made irritated by his performances

Hate? Too strong a word - but I too would just love to see someone like El-Abd or Greer just clean him out and the ref wave play on! For pure smugness, he makes Eddie Howe seem a modest, humble nice guy.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I was surprised it took 11 posts before the Spelling Police jumped all over you! As for Lawro, not one of my favourites. He thinks he can be funny at times. He really can't.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The best example of a pundit stealing a living in recent times was when Merse said he's never heard of any of the players we signed over the summer.

It's his ****ing job to know who they are.....

As well as Robbie Earle. Never played at the highest levels, a plodder, yet ITV unbelievably made him their long term CL expert pundit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here