Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mark Lawreson

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
slightly off topic, but a mate and I were pissed up at a golf day and in the auction won a round of golf with Lauro and his mate (£30 from memory lol) Anyway after throwing loads of dates at his mate and getting naused off receiving numerous excuses, we decided that £30 was better value telling them both to "shove it"!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Murphy's punditry is predictable, non-controversial, sycophantic.

Yeah that’s why I like Lawro, all the build up was focused on Pogba, Greizmann and Mbappe. I liked how lawro focused on how well the Australians were organised and how well drilled they were, that being the main reason the game went how it did. He doesn’t follow the hype surrounding these big players.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah that’s why I like Lawro, all the build up was focused on Pogba, Greizmann and Mbappe. I liked how lawro focused on how well the Australians were organised and how well drilled they were, that being the main reason the game went how it did. He doesn’t follow the hype surrounding these big players.

:thumbsup:

His own person.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Quite like Lawro tbh.....had to switch to the radio for the second half and had the delights of Dion Dublin ....''its one all to the French'' :moo:

I listened to 5live the entire match. Dublin must be the happiest, most positive person alive. Giggling, joking his way through without any cynicism, criticism or grumpiness.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I'm still very fond of Lawro. I do admit that I think he's still watching football through the lenses of 10+ years ago, but in some ways that's refreshing, especially when he's calling the French players out for their ridiculous lack of ability to stay on their feet when any contact was made by the Aussies. Some choice quotes from the game were particularly humorous:

"Can you give minus ratings?"
"What was that yelp all about? Dislocated shoelace?"
"He's chasing everything. He'd chase a paper bag in the park in the wind."

As far as pundits go, I'd say Jermaine Jenas is up there as the best atm.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Was always the way.

They're loved now and spoke about in nostalgic terms, but in the 70's and 80's half the football loving public couldn't stand the work of Brian Moore, Barry Davies and John Motson.

Not sure I can remember anyone disliking Barry Davies. John Motson thought the sun shone out of the backside of Liverpool who were winning everything at the time and Brian Moore was the poor ITV relation.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
I'm still very fond of Lawro. I do admit that I think he's still watching football through the lenses of 10+ years ago, but in some ways that's refreshing, especially when he's calling the French players out for their ridiculous lack of ability to stay on their feet when any contact was made by the Aussies. Some choice quotes from the game were particularly humorous:

"Can you give minus ratings?"
"What was that yelp all about? Dislocated shoelace?"
"He's chasing everything. He'd chase a paper bag in the park in the wind."

As far as pundits go, I'd say Jermaine Jenas is up there as the best atm.

Got to agree, I do like Lawro and his dry wit, makes a refreshing change from some of the syncophants you find on telly these days, long may he continue to annoy, befuddle, inform and amuse us footy fans.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I like him, weak jokes and all. As others have said he seems to cut through the party line narrative and say it like he sees it. Also manages to do this without being Robbie Savage about it, i.e. making sure the way he sees it will wind up as many people as possible.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I don't mind him. In fact I quite like his curmudgeonly approach to broadcasting and the fact you get the impression he'd rather be cleaning out the cupboard under the kitchen sink.

I just don't like the way he pronounces "moment" as "merment."

:shrug:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I like him. Give me Lawro over some of the other BBC pundits like Martin Keown, Danny Murphy or Danny Mills any day of the week.

Ally McCoist was a breath of fresh air today on ITV, need to hear more of him. He’s also excellent as a radio presenter on talkSport.

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s why I like lawro’s commentary it’s cynical and kind of says it how it is. In the France game he moaned about the French diving a lot because it takes away from the football and the tactics. The whole Ronaldo hype just doesn’t really excite me, a last minute winner in a goal mouth scramble is what does it for me. I appreciate he’s a good player and is world class, but him behaving like a child when it doesn’t go his way just puts me off when compared to Messi, Salah and Greizmann. The wink also, the bloody wink.

Appreciate where your coming from ........ but god was that free kick something special.

Jimmy Grimble

Agree with others, I thought his dry humour was a perfect fit for that match today.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was more irritation towards Danny Murphy’s biased commentary in favour of Ronny.

I did enjoy Murphy's bit of commentary the other night as Ronaldo was lining up that free kick.

"He's not going to be able to get that up and over the wall, so he's going to have to work out some way of.....

....oh"

:lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here