Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Can he keep them out?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The advertising on Australian TV is "Can Australia produce one of the biggest World Cup shocks ever?"

My son and I answered 'No' in unison :)

Would be brilliant if they do though. Cahill header in the last 5 minutes.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Trop court.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Too tall....an order.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Can Cahill put himself alongside Seeler, Pele, Klose and Ronaldo by socring in a 4th World Cup?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I know I should be used to it by now having been in the Premier League for a year. But it still amazes me seeing our club's name mentioned in passing on the BBC Sport World Cup live feed, as if it's a normal thing for one of our players to be involved.

It also makes games like this a lot more exciting, c'mon Maty!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I know I should be used to it by now having been in the Premier League for a year. But it still amazes me seeing our club's name mentioned in passing on the BBC Sport World Cup live feed, as if it's a normal thing for one of our players to be involved.

Brilliant isn’t it!

“..... There's a distinctly British flavour to his line-up, with Brighton's Mat Ryan, starting in goal.....”

Makes the World Cup so much more interesting with our boys playing for different teams.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Was just going to post the same - it'll take a while for that novelty to wear off, I think.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Was Steve Penney the last Brighton player to be at the World Cup in 86? Can’t think of anyone since then?

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
My youngest has just legged it upstairs to put his Maty Ryan shirt on :bowdown:

Love it... Come on Maty, they haven’t got much up front mate :eek:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

I just said to Mrs P, its really weird watching a World Cup match build up and seeing an interview with a Brighton player. Long may it continue :thumbsup:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I never want the Aussies to win at anything, I like to see them lose, having said that I am not a fan of France either.
But as Maty is in goal, I want him to do well and if they get a draw or a win out of this, I will have to soften up on them a bit.
I have also always liked Cahill.
But maybe we don't want Maty to do really well, especially if he has one if those games where France just can't get past him, like that Polish goalie a while back.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here