Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup: France vs Maty Ryan

matto.75

Jan 21, 2011
Why on the penalty decision was the ref only shown two angles on the var screen both of which looked like it was a foul, it looked to me that he never saw the angle which showed the Aussie defender touching the ball first. What is the point of var if the ref is not shown all the angles?

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Yellow for a foul, but red for deliberate handball. Remember Murray sent off for protecting his face?
I think it may be when it prevents a certain goal, whereas this one didn't.
I was going to mention the Murray sending off, that makes sense as it was deliberate and goalbound, was that against Wednesday and stockdale double saved ? ... my favourite game of the season!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I was in the car listening and it was never a penalty to France :)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Is there a double jeapordy rule, the ref won't give both as the penalty is punishment enough, he gives a yellow and a penalty?

Happy to be corrected

That is correct, however Umtiti was not even booked, according to the BBC website. That is 100% the wrong decision.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Not tall enough

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
2-1

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Why on the penalty decision was the ref only shown two angles on the var screen both of which looked like it was a foul, it looked to me that he never saw the angle which showed the Aussie defender touching the ball first. What is the point of var if the ref is not shown all the angles?

Touching the ball first is not taken into consideration, only by tv pundits.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Got to feel for Maty today: penalty was, even with VAR, far from certain whilst 2nd goal got a touch from the Oz defender to loop it ridiculously over him. Nothing he could do and the French have been more than a bit, er, confiture. Definitely won the La Coup de Chance!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
FFS these cheating ******** see why Knocky is like he is. Shocking

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here