Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC: Portugal v Spain

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
[tweet]007710964832264198[/tweet]

No, Chuba. You scoring a goal would be unbelievable.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
They're the commentators. Murphy is a summariser. And he is dreadful.

Loving him telling the world how nobody could get that free kick up and over the wall, to which I bet most of us on our sofas were going "It's Ronaldo. Of course he can". Followed by Ronaldo doing exactly that.

To be fair he said it would most likely go around or under and it went around.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
De gear should have been in the centre of the goal. Gives him equal distance to his left and right am sure I’m wrong though and will be informed in due course by NSC experts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
why did the ref stop play?

Ronaldo had cramp :rolleyes:

Referees should never, ever stop the game for crap, IMHO. You want treatment: you go off, or you get up and get on with it.

Jul 7, 2003
De gear should have been in the centre of the goal. Gives him equal distance to his left and right am sure I’m wrong though and will be informed in due course by NSC experts

The idea is you have the wall on one side and you cover the other. However, when you have someone who has the skill to get the ball up, around and into the top corner like that, there isn't much you can do stop it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That was absolutely outstanding. The only issue is there might not be another game that can match it. Absolute scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I wish I was down on The Algarve with my missus, I love being abroad during the World Cup when the country you are visiting are playing.
The Portuguese will be very happy with that.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
The idea is you have the wall on one side and you cover the other. However, when you have someone who has the skill to get the ball up, around and into the top corner like that, there isn't much you can do stop it.

Agree but how many times has a wall been no use whatsoever when Ronaldo is in that sort of position. Hence goalkeeper should be in middle.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Great game. England will be hard pressed to play against teams such as these.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They're the commentators. Murphy is a summariser. And he is dreadful.

Loving him telling the world how nobody could get that free kick up and over the wall, to which I bet most of us on our sofas were going "It's Ronaldo. Of course he can". Followed by Ronaldo doing exactly that.
Yes, true..... you should have heard Connor Whatever and his summariser on 5 Live for the Russia v Saudi game, he was so hyper it was like '66 again.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm not the biggest fan of Ronaldo, but that was one hell of a free-kick and a STUNNER from Nacho.

Great game, great advert for the WC.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Agree but how many times has a wall been no use whatsoever when Ronaldo is in that sort of position. Hence goalkeeper should be in middle.

If the goalkeeper attempts to cover the entire goal he can just put it in the other corner.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I enjoyed that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here