Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC: Portugal v Spain

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
He's a narcissist. They aren't the most fun guys at a party, but the self absorption is what makes him what he is. Imagine how much care and attention he pays to his diet, shaving his arse crack, and polishing his helmet? And preparing for a game of football. Staggeringly good. I noticed how he stopped running when the chance was impossible, but knew when to go for it when the chance was realistic. I wouldn't invite him round to dinner, but as a footballer, he is a god. There again, I'd happily have Joey Barton round to dinner, so what the f'uck do I actually know (about my own safety, among other things)? :O

Thank you David Brent.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Completely disagree. Wanker on the pitch but absolute saint off of it.

Completely agree. As I put on a facebook discussion I was having earlier.......

I still don’t get Ronaldo. He is undoubtedly a phenomenal footballer and I know he does a lot of good work and donates considerable amounts to charity. BUT. On the pitch I find him to be such a preening self absorbed cheating **** of an egomaniac I simply can’t stand him. You would think someone close to him would tell him to stop acting like a cock on the pitch and maybe he would be as loved as Messi is.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
But the goal keeper is in the middle and covering his left and right side so where is the gaping ****ing hole. Plus the wall is obstructing some of the potential flight path of the ball. I’m bored now so let’s just say we have different views on this. Have a good evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What'd you say.............you're correct, it's boring now.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Absolutely incredible game of football. Privilege to have watched it. A demonstration of how great football can be when both teams are determined to win the game by attacking.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Every WC comes a game that is called the game that sparks the WC into life this was such a game hopefully it will not be like 99% of such game which are followed by absolute dross, this was a game to remember

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If he wasn't so far up his own a*se he would not be the footballer that he is. Loathe him maybe but you cannot deny he is brilliant. As a footballer we would give our right arms for him to sign for BHAFC, as a footballing persona we would die of shame. It would appear out of the spotlight he is a reasonable guy.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Without reading 22 pages, that first goal was a blatent dive for the penalty right?

Not quite. Nacho softly fouled him, and if CR7 was old school/more sporting/less of a brilliant, diabolic monster (who helps the kids) he would have kept going. That was sort of the consensus. Oh, and VAR is rubbish.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One of the best ever WC games for me. We’ll do well to see a game as good in the rest of the tournament. Great skill, tactics and goals, loved it. Much as I want to dislike Ronaldo he is one of the all time great footballers and what a free kick under immense pressure.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Completely agree. As I put on a facebook discussion I was having earlier.......

I still don’t get Ronaldo. He is undoubtedly a phenomenal footballer and I know he does a lot of good work and donates considerable amounts to charity. BUT. On the pitch I find him to be such a preening self absorbed cheating **** of an egomaniac I simply can’t stand him. You would think someone close to him would tell him to stop acting like a cock on the pitch and maybe he would be as loved as Messi is.

I really think we have a warped view of him in England. He’s ex United, used to dive a lot, was a bit of a prick for Portugal when we seemed to play them every 2 years in tournaments. For this reason he carries this ‘wanker’ title here. In the rest of the world if you’re not a Barca fan, people absolutely love him. There is a reason his brand is so big, he is absolutely loved.

I am not his biggest fan but you have to take off your St. George’s flag tinted glasses to see how much people like him.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Its a gaping hole because there is no wall covering the other side I feel you are never going to get this so enjoy the rest of the WC and have a good weekend

What exactly do you mean by 'the other side'? The wall of 6 players was covering the right hand side and the keeper covers the left and middle. The free kick was well executed and no keeper is going to get to that. The curl on the kick too the ball from wide of the post to inside of the post as well as over the wall.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
What a brilliant game and restored my lost faith in international football. Best game I can remember since Italy v Brazil 1982 and will cement Ronaldo’s place in the history of football.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
What exactly do you mean by 'the other side'? The wall of 6 players was covering the right hand side and the keeper covers the left and middle. The free kick was well executed and no keeper is going to get to that. The curl on the kick too the ball from wide of the post to inside of the post as well as over the wall.

That's exactly what [MENTION=36014]Saunders[/MENTION] has been trying to explain to someone else.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Bit harsh. Donates blood and does a lot for charity.

I had a holiday in Madeira a few years back, where Ronaldo was born, the locals love him and said that he had pumped a lot of his own money in to youth football on the island plus many other charitable causes there. He does sometimes let himself down on the pitch however.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here