Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sir Christopher Chope

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The thing I’m most surprised at by this news story today isn’t the old Tory fossil preventing it being passed. But the fact there wasn’t a law against already?!

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
How do you accidentally take an up skirt photo?

An earlier poster alluded to a typical situation in regards to the paparazzi.

A photograph is taken of a celebrity getting out of a car and results in an ‘upskirt’ image. Should that be an offence when it could well be ‘accidental’ - the Bill didn’t include any element of intent being necessary and it was the taking of the photograph that would have been the offence not what was done with it at a later date.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Other than that i think its funny seeing a white hetro male sticking it to the wymyns lobby.

Looney, proudly standing shoulder to shoulder with the upskirters. Or perhaps that should be shoulder to shoulder, on their hands and knees.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The thing I’m most surprised at by this news story today isn’t the old Tory fossil preventing it being passed. But the fact there wasn’t a law against already?!

Not as such, but clumsily prosecuted under public order or obscenity legislation, which usually meant acquittals.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
An earlier poster alluded to a typical situation in regards to the paparazzi.

A photograph is taken of a celebrity getting out of a car and results in an ‘upskirt’ image. Should that be an offence when it could well be ‘accidental’ - the Bill didn’t include any element of intent being necessary and it was the taking of the photograph that would have been the offence not what was done with it at a later date.

I think you might find some celebrities provide the opportunity for paparazzi. There aren't many cars in a park.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
What the flying **** are you on about, you complete and utter toolbox.
Your Islamophobia is becoming all consuming, isn’t it?
Don’t bother answering, I’m really not at all interested.

Interested enough to respond with made up words though.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Looney, proudly standing shoulder to shoulder with the upskirters. Or perhaps that should be shoulder to shoulder, on their hands and knees.

Triggered?

This looks like bad law to me when its a crime covered by other laws and gives the old bill another excuse to exercise power not "in the spirit of the law".
Identity/Gesture politics that deserves to be dumped and mocked.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Triggered?

This looks like bad law to me when its a crime covered by other laws and gives the old bill another excuse to exercise power not "in the spirit of the law".

Spoken by a true male who has never been violated on a crowded tube train.

Stop trolling this one, loonster.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Spoken by a true male who has never been violated on a crowded tube train.

Stop trolling this one, loonster.

Funny how I'm acused of trolling when my arguments become more reasoned.

So your saying as a True Male I have no right to object? Your playing identity politics now which is what this thread was all about.

Pause for though.......

Do you want to give Plod the right to check your camera phone at a political demo? And arrest you for obstruction if you refuse? As this is an Offence committed with Camera usage as well as Muh Womyn.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Its not just about upskirting, the senile old kunnt also interfered with proposals to protect police dogs and horses.

I have no problem with paparazzi getting caught up in this. Let them get out the cars first you weirdos.

I'm sure plod will be able to tell the difference between a photo taken close to a girls knees or is the focus of the photo and one where someone is in the background of a family type photo.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It's not in my nature to defend a Tory MP but there is a Tweet in the article that says he objected because it hadn't been debated.

If he's just being a stickler for procedure then fair enough. But honestly this sort of thing shouldn't need debate.

"Do we all agree that being lecherous perverts is a bad thing? Yes? Good."

I wonder what sort of debate was needed on this occasion?

"Do we think that taking pictures up a woman's skirt without her knowledge is acceptable?"

"No"

"Motion carried"

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Triggered?

Therein lies the point which sadly needs to be made, seeing as you're asleep at the wheel.

No, upskirting (in this context) is NOT considered illegal, and the Public Order legislation which is supposed to cover it isn't robust enough. It has been said on this thread already - it's just your pervert tendencies have blinded you to that.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Has any one actually read the bill that the scrote objected to?

Although upskirting should not be tolerated and is practised by weirdos, it might be that the bill was flawed in some way (a bit like the Dangerous Dogs Act - although everyone agrees that dangerous dogs should be controlled, the legislation that has been enacted is apparently not fit for purpose)?

I haven't read it, so I don't know.

Sir Christopher Scote is a complete prat though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Funny how I'm acused of trolling when my arguments become more reasoned.

So your saying as a True Male I have no right to object? Your playing identity politics now which is what this thread was all about.

Pause for though.......

Do you want to give Plod the right to check your camera phone at a political demo? And arrest you for obstruction if you refuse? As this is an Offence committed with Camera usage as well as Muh Womyn.

Why would police want to look at my phone?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
His argument as I understand is one of scrutiny wanting to ensure a proper debate is had to before any law is placed onto the statute books so that any law fully reflects the crime committed and punishment issued

As far as I can see he's everything that's wrong with the Tories

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I was outraged a few months ago, when I was 'up-kilted' by a young lady.
It was rather chilly and I was wearing pants at the time, so I suppose she was either relieved or disappointed!:)

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
BF380FC2-D0F7-4389-B60A-BFFC1533B124.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here