Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sir Christopher Chope

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Lorna Rees (via Twitter) has hung up a few pairs of granny pants outside Chope's constituency office, on a washing line.
She's written Photo My Pants, on each pair. Thousands and thousands of likes and retweets.
She is a constituent, and many more, including some from the local WI, are applauding her protest.

Chope's may well find himself losing the next election.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Yes the straw man argument. Ive already said existing laws suffice or need beefing up but continue to sit in the "Give police more powers" camp, have you ever heard the police say they need less?

Maybe your just into people in uniform wealding excess power, theres a worfd for that.

And for about the 8th time - existing laws don’t cover this sufficiently. That is the whole problem. ‘Beefing up’ other laws not designed for this type of action is more likely to have other consequences and criminalise other things.

I know you like arguing just for the sake of it but this really is a baffling line to take.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Lorna Rees (via Twitter) has hung up a few pairs of granny pants outside Chope's constituency office, on a washing line.
She's written Photo My Pants, on each pair. Thousands and thousands of likes and retweets.
She is a constituent, and many more, including some from the local WI, are applauding her protest.

Chope's may well find himself losing the next election.

His office is just down the road from my business. :D

61E838DD-AB1F-4B71-98BF-759647C2051D.jpeg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes the straw man argument. Ive already said existing laws suffice or need beefing up but continue to sit in the "Give police more powers" camp, have you ever heard the police say they need less?

Maybe your just into people in uniform wealding excess power, theres a worfd for that.

Have you gone off uniforms then?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He has a majority of 25,000. He could wander the streets of Christchurch taking upskirt pictures every Saturday and he'd still get a massive majority.

In Lewisham, a 21000 majority for the Labour candidate, was reduced to 6000, last Thursday.

Never underestimate the power of the WI!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
In Lewisham, a 21000 majority for the Labour candidate, was reduced to 6000, last Thursday.

Never underestimate the power of the WI!

Lewisham East was a very different situation.
a) That was a by-election. LDs have a history of doing well at by-elections - they'll get nowhere near that at a general election

b) There was an internal Labour row over the selection of the candidate; she certainly didn't have the support of many in the party

c) This is a strong Remain voting constituency and there's a lot of unhappiness with the Labour position on Brexit

None of these issues would apply in Christchurch

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Lewisham East was a very different situation.
a) That was a by-election. LDs have a history of doing well at by-elections - they'll get nowhere near that at a general election

b) There was an internal Labour row over the selection of the candidate; she certainly didn't have the support of many in the party

c) This is a strong Remain voting constituency and there's a lot of unhappiness with the Labour position on Brexit

None of these issues would apply in Christchurch

Maybe, maybe not, but a lot of women are very upset, and they are 50% of the electorate.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Let me think .... hmmm .... would I prefer to give 'Plod' the right to check a phone after my daughter has suspected some pervert has taken a photo up her skirt ? Difficult one that ..... errr ..... YES. Feel free to sit in the perverts camp Looney but it says more about you than anyone else.

I don’t think Looney was suggesting any such scenario - more along the lines of having photographed ‘Plod’ doing something “naughty” you are accused of taking an “upskirt” photograph and have to hand over your camera.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
And for about the 8th time - existing laws don’t cover this sufficiently. That is the whole problem. ‘Beefing up’ other laws not designed for this type of action is more likely to have other consequences and criminalise other things.

I know you like arguing just for the sake of it but this really is a baffling line to take.

The proposed Bill was ‘beefing up’ another law - it was an amendment to the Sexual Offences Act 2003.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I don’t think Looney was suggesting any such scenario - more along the lines of having photographed ‘Plod’ doing something “naughty” you are accused of taking an “upskirt” photograph and have to hand over your camera.

Its already law in Scotland though how often has this been abused? The incident that sparked the law the be changed in the UK the police didnt have any trouble making the perpetrator show them the pictures because they deemed them not graphic enough for an arrest.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Its already law in Scotland though how often has this been abused? The incident that sparked the law the be changed in the UK the police didnt have any trouble making the perpetrator show them the pictures because they deemed them not graphic enough for an arrest.

I don’t know but once would be once too many. In any case IS it the same law in Scotland as that which was proposed in the Private Members Bill - did the Scottish Parliament debate and examine the proposed legislation or was it passed on the nod as was proposed should happen in the Commons.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He has a majority of 25,000. He could wander the streets of Christchurch taking upskirt pictures every Saturday and he'd still get a massive majority.

Neil Hamilton turned a majority of 16,000 into a deficit of 11,000 in Tatton in '97, never underestimate what a damaging news story and good protest candidate can achieve. Will need a national swing against the Tories too, of course

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I haven't got a clue what you're on about. I'm not interested in females either dressed or not.

I am astonished that a sensible person like you hasn't put this poor sad individual on block. My NSC experience has improved 110% following my taking the plunge. Morbid fascination for the bizarre and tragic has its limits.....

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I am astonished that a sensible person like you hasn't put this poor sad individual on block. My NSC experience has improved 110% following my taking the plunge. Morbid fascination for the bizarre and tragic has its limits.....

Funnily enough the trolls don't irritate me. Loony admits he trolls on Nsc.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here