Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre-Season game is Sporting Lisbon - Friday 3rd August, kick-off 7.45pm

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Jeez! So complacency and arrogance has at last made an appearance, after just one season in the Premier League. The club have arranged a friendly with one of the top European sides, Sporting Lisbon, but in the opinion of some on here that’s just not good enough FFS!

For those of you that have that view, just remember where we’ve come from and what, and how, we have achieved the position we’re in now. A bit of humility wouldn’t go amiss eh?

I don't think it's anything to do with that. They're a big club and it would have been a decent test, had their squad not been decimated by the acts of a lunatic dictator in charge and some absolute scum supporters.

It's a crap tie for legitimate reasons.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Underwhelming.

What are we expecting now? Barca? We've been spoilt.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Jeez! So complacency and arrogance has at last made an appearance, after just one season in the Premier League. The club have arranged a friendly with one of the top European sides, Sporting Lisbon, but in the opinion of some on here that’s just not good enough FFS!

For those of you that have that view, just remember where we’ve come from and what, and how, we have achieved the position we’re in now. A bit of humility wouldn’t go amiss eh?

24/7/99 opening game at Withdean, we played former European champions Nottingham Forest in a friendly.
I remember how far we have come :)
Not sure I can remember much about that day though, due to going on a pub crawl around Brighton before the match.

Sporting Lisbon have never won the European cup. :wink:
Cup winners cup yes.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Typical Naylor bollocks. This is why people hate him, not because they want The Argus and local journalism dead but because he’s occasionally a massive bellend. It’s not that it’s Sporting per se, it’s that they are currently a basket case with no players. Furthermore we announced the game the same morning as the BBC covered their woes in detail. Bad timing and a very uncertain test. But if you want to be PICKY then Atlético they ain’t. We arguably set the bar too high last season.

If I wasn’t away I’d be going for the reasons [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] states. Friday night beer & football is s great thing. But it’s hard to be whelmed when you don’t know if they’ll have 11 players who can stand up. It’s almost like Andy missed that part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Typical Naylor bollocks. This is why people hate him, not because they want The Argus and local journalism dead but because he’s occasionally a massive bellend. It’s not that it’s Sporting per se, it’s that they are currently a basket case with no players. Furthermore we announced the game the same morning as the BBC covered their woes in detail. Bad timing and a very uncertain test. But if you want to be PICKY then Atlético they ain’t. We arguably set the bar too high last season.

If I wasn’t away I’d be going for the reasons [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] states. Friday night beer & football is s great thing. But it’s hard to be whelmed when you don’t know if they’ll have 11 players who can stand up. It’s almost like Andy missed that part.

I was more wondering how that whole thread manages to be so grimly humourless

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was more wondering how that whole thread manages to be so grimly humourless

Maybe you were but that’s still my opinion. A professional journalist complaining about sniffy Brighton fans for a bit of click bait and a page full of mentions instead of digging around the story of who, if anyone, they’ll have left playing for them. He can’t even get their team name right.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Maybe you were but that’s still my opinion. A professional journalist complaining about sniffy Brighton fans for a bit of click bait and a page full of mentions instead of digging around the story of who, if anyone, they’ll have left playing for them. He can’t even get their team name right.

Haven't they been known as Sporting Lisbon in the UK for ever ?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
These big European teams often seem to turn into foreign student night right? Friday could suit that. Shame to link up with the basketcase club of world football currently but probably agreed upon during the Schelotto transfer?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A pre season game at the Amex with a chance to see what will probably be CH’s first team, with new players having their first game there, what’s not to like? I’ll be there waiting to write off all the new players as shit :wink:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Isn't he just giving his OWN opinion, which is kinda what Twitter is for? And it's an opinion that is shared by plenty of Albion fans. I'm pretty sure he wasn't doing it to boost his ego...

As for the 'wrong' name thing, I was none the wiser as to the proper name. I figured that's what the vast majority of people called the club anyway :shrug:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here