Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre-Season game is Sporting Lisbon - Friday 3rd August, kick-off 7.45pm

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
It’s the only game I will be able to get to this season. Please make it happen.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
In the very first press report of the Albion's 2-0 first game victory over Shoreham, the Albion were called The Albion.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It amuses me that poeople and indeed our club still keep referring to them as Sporting Lisbon when no such club exists. Their correct name is Sporting Clube Du Portugal and are just based in Lisbon I would have expected BHA to get it advertised correctly.unless we are all wrong and we are actually playing Sporta Lisboa Benfica.

Well I think you are quite alone in actually giving a ****

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How the other half live! Will it be on in Haven,Church Farm Park Pagham ?

What an odd post. Almost like you’ve trawled the board for some of my musings and this is the best you can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
What an odd post. Almost like you’ve trawled the board for some of my musings and this is the best you can do.

You really are a precious individual, I’m actually at Haven that weekend and was having a bit of fun comparing Haven to Centre Parcs, oh my days what and odd reply [emoji23]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ok I will accept that but at least it represented their area unlike the team we are playing as there is a Sporting Lisboa Benfica. so if anybody should be known as Sporing Lisbon it is them, IMHO.
You've said that twice now and you're wrong - it is Sport Lisboa e Benfica, not Sporting.

The only big club named Sporting in Portugal is the club we are playing. To be fair, I've seen "Aston Villa Birmingham" in many foreign newspapers, and that is similar.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
You really are a precious individual, I’m actually at Haven that weekend and was having a bit of fun comparing Haven to Centre Parcs, oh my days what and odd reply [emoji23]

What, you realised you were going to Haven today and thought you’d go back to the start of a thread about our home friendly on the off chance someone was going to Centre Parcs? Ok then.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
What, you realised you were going to Haven today and thought you’d go back to the start of a thread about our home friendly on the off chance someone was going to Centre Parcs? Ok then.

You really are a sad case, that’s twice you’ve called me a liar, tell you what I’ll PM you or a nominated third party my confirmation that I’m at Haven! You can then apologise and donate £50 to REMF, of course if I’m lying I’ll donate the same? You up for this? Or will you try and spin your way out of this?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
You really are a sad case, that’s twice you’ve called me a liar, tell you what I’ll PM you or a nominated third party my confirmation that I’m at Haven! You can then apologise and donate £50 to REMF, of course if I’m lying I’ll donate the same? You up for this? Or will you try and spin your way out of this?

Touchy.

I don’t doubt for a second that you’re at Haven. What’s interesting is why you randomly went back to a post from mid June for no apparent reason.

I tell you what though, I’ve raised over £1000 for REMF myself and donated more than £50 in sponsoring other people. If you want to raise some serious dough why not join me in running the marathon for them in 2019? Shall we say “bring it on”?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here