Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre-Season game is Sporting Lisbon - Friday 3rd August, kick-off 7.45pm

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Very disappointed with this.

I don't particularly want us to be associated with that club. Their president is an absolute lunatic and treats his players with contempt.

further, this probably means we won't go after any of the players that have resigned from their club.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
P.....S...….G...…

How does Sporting Lisbon fit into this? The poster of that cryptic message seemed really quite sure.....

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I hope they don’t bring any fans
[emoji316][emoji316]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ah OK. It's only a friendly anyway, can't say I'm fussed either way.

Nor me really, friendlies are nothing more than golorified training exercises anyway. What I will say though is that l will miss our almost standard pre season game at Crawley, Lewes, or Burgess Hill. I know our Sussex cousins apprciated those games, because they made a lot of much needed money out of them too.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Feeling pretty indifferent to this given the timing and the opposition.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nor me really, friendlies are nothing more than golorified training exercises anyway. What I will say though is that l will miss our almost standard pre season game at Crawley, Lewes, or Burgess Hill. I know our Sussex cousins apprciated those games, because they made a lot of much needed money out of them too.

I agree and think that friendlies at home should be free on a 1st come 1st issued ticket basis. to give future supporters a chance.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Why not on the Saturday? I think the evening setting will have impact.

Club originally said the game was going to be on Sunday 6th, wonder why they shifted it? Maybe PSG (or someone) pulled out late and this was all they could arrange

There are Pride events at Preston Park on Saturday and Sunday, I don't think the Police would allow us to play on those days.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Hardly giants. We're a bigger club now which is strange.

The club shouldn't have played this up, the headline is pathetic and the announcement very poorly timed with the turmoil at Sporting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here