Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] RIP Dirty Den

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s an interesting one this because he was a murderer, did his time and made the best of his life afterwards, including showing a lot of remorse and regret his flawed nature. I say RIP Leslie, a fine actor that gripped the nation in a way millennials just won’t understand. Besides we all loved Red at the end of Shawshank :)

A good counter argument. But....Red was a fictional character, whereas Leslie was a real murderer.

An appropriatly short thread for a modest actor of unforunate antecedants who passed me by.

Now, on the other hand, it is more than 15 years since the passing of Bob Todd, straight man extraordinare, and born in my adopted home town.

RIP Bob.

Born 15 December 1921
Faversham, Kent, England
Died 21 October 1992 (aged 70)
Sussex, England
Occupation Actor
Spouse(s) Monica Todd

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A good counter argument. But....Red was a fictional character, whereas Leslie was a real murderer.

An appropriatly short thread for a modest actor of unforunate antecedants who passed me by.

Now, on the other hand, it is more than 15 years since the passing of Bob Todd, straight man extraordinare, and born in my adopted home town.

RIP Bob.

Born 15 December 1921
Faversham, Kent, England
Sussex, England
Occupation Actor
Spouse(s) Monica Todd

“Silly Todd!” Yes, a very familiar old face. Can’t believe it was so long ago now.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
"Blood. I've got blood on my bleedin' shirt"

Great actor. RIP Dirty Den.
He was a shocking actor! Not only did he deliver all his lines in the same way, he could only play the one character. Do you remember his other big TV role in something called the Paradise Club? He was basically just Dirty Den in that.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You take yourself far too seriously. Chill.

NB The fact that among all the other posts similar to mine, you only pick mine out highlights your foul agenda.

But anyway, a murderer has died today, let us not turn this thread into a binfest.

No one else felt the need to type 'glad he is dead'.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
A viz classic Screenshot_2018-06-16-08-20-59-1.png

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

RIP Bob.

Born 15 December 1921
Faversham, Kent, England
Sussex, England
Occupation Actor
Spouse(s) Monica Todd

99% of gargoyles look like Bob Todd. Apparently.

Name that song and band and win a goldfish.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
He was a shocking actor! Not only did he deliver all his lines in the same way, he could only play the one character. Do you remember his other big TV role in something called the Paradise Club? He was basically just Dirty Den in that.

I was very young when EastEnders began but do remember his character. I don't remember Paradise Club. Some 'characters' on the show these days are pretty limp. Danny Dyer trying to look 'ard in each episode. "Daaaaann't be stupid. Yer part of the family. :facepalm:

Off note - whenever there's trouble at Millwall the inevitable headline Dirty Den appears. It even made the back of a newspaper in Only Fools And Horses!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
99% of gargoyles look like Bob Todd. Apparently.

Name that song and band and win a goldfish.

Too busy right now, dodging a riot.
And I thought that Trumpton would be a crackng venue for a weekend break.....:nono:

matey

Mar 16, 2014
Bit weird this ... yesterday read on the BBC that Dirty Den is dead then within the hour bumped into Anita 'Angie' Dobson outside Westminster Abbey.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

I totally agree, a dreadful wooden actor.
I saw him on stage in Dad's Army, he ruined it with his boring voice, I don't think he even wanted to be there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here