Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup Bets / Offers Prices ect

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
England are favs due to the amount of money on them

That reasoning is absolute nonsense today isn't it?

Gambling today is a massive global industry where any home-market positive sentiment for England would be more than outweighed by the money from elsewhere. If it wasn't, English punters would be able to place bets with an overseas bookie and get a better price, whilst overseas bettors would be able to bet on UK markets to get more favourable odds on the other outcomes.

Beyond that, the betting exchanges are a pure market. This is Smarkets right now, with England the clear favourite (although England NOT winning in 90 minutes is still more likely than England winning)...

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 13.27.41.png

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
That reasoning is absolute nonsense today isn't it?

Gambling today is a massive global industry where any home-market positive sentiment for England would be more than outweighed by the money from elsewhere. If it wasn't, English punters would be able to place bets with an overseas bookie and get a better price, whilst overseas bettors would be able to bet on UK markets to get more favourable odds on the other outcomes.

Beyond that, the betting exchanges are a pure market. This is Smarkets right now, with England the clear favourite (although England NOT winning in 90 minutes is still more likely than England winning)...

View attachment 98540

I'm not sure what you're saying here. As far as I'm aware any market is driven by the amount of money moving in a specific direction. The market maker will start with a view on which outcome is most likely and set a price accordingly. After that it will be determined by the cash coming in. Are you saying that there is more money on Croatia than on England?

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
My profit from the World Cup is £17.73

I don't have any particular urge to use any of it on the final. I have a £10 Bet365 free in-play bet to use and I will go for the draw.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Down exactly £10 after being up £36 after the England Panama game , probably have a small flutter on 3-1 France

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
My only bet was RLL top scorer 16/1 each way so 1/4 the odds top four places but with I think five players on 4 not sure how that works Ladbrokes £15 e/w might not even get my money back if they divide it down

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Had £2 @ 5/1 first goal being a header. Get in.......

....or not get in, as it was an own goal. Blooming typical!

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Did the William Hill £5 free Bet when your outright winner bet wins in 90 mins. Had my tenner on France @ 6/1 and used one of my free bets on Kane to score a hat trick against Panama @ 10/1. So for a tenner down I got £120 back inc stake. Nice.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here