Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC: Egypt v Uruguay

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Breaking on SSN. No Mo.

Not unexpected tbh. Egypt likely to lose this one whether he plays or not, so keep him back for Russia and Saudi Arabia games.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll be watching this on the snide at work on my phone. Got a 3-way acca going on todays games.

God I love the World Cup.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'll be watching this on the snide at work on my phone. Got a 3-way acca going on todays games.

Got a small one on BTTS in all three matches, which unfortunately I put on before Salah was ruled out :down:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

I've got:

£5 on Not BTTS and +2.5 goals (i.e.Uruguay to score at least 3 and not concede) @6.5
£5 on both Suarez & Cavani to score @5.5

- which will bag me a cool £60

I haven't touched Morocco Iran or Portugal Spain. Can't pick either.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Got a small one on BTTS in all three matches, which unfortunately I put on before Salah was ruled out :down:

Bummer.

Better hope the Gyppos have got someone else who can step up. Uruguay shipped 20 goals in 18 games in qualifying, so they're not impregnable. I have got them to win though (then Morocco to draw with Iran, and Spain to hump the one man team tonight).

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
SSN just updated and said Salah is on the bench though :thumbsup:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Come on Mouse , i don't want to be making a transfer this early .

200.gif

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Word for word.

I have URU / MOR / ESP treble. @ 11/2

I also have on this game: URU win / Godin and Suarez to score / 3.5+ Egypt cards / 3.5+ Uru corners, at about 150/1 that is going to win me the BV £1m WC longest odds prize :thumbsup:

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So the bench has what, 12 players, and any three can be used?

Had to google and check, but apparently yes:

Regulations 19.4.

23 players may be entered on the start list (11 players and 12 substitutes). The 11 first-named players must start the match, the other 12 are designated as substitutes. The numbers on the players’ shirts must correspond with the numbers indicated on the start list (numbers 1-23 only). All goalkeepers and Preliminary competition 25 the captain must be identified as such. Three players must be goalkeepers, with the number 1 shirt reserved for one of them.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Had to google and check, but apparently yes:

Regulations 19.4.

23 players may be entered on the start list (11 players and 12 substitutes). The 11 first-named players must start the match, the other 12 are designated as substitutes. The numbers on the players’ shirts must correspond with the numbers indicated on the start list (numbers 1-23 only). All goalkeepers and Preliminary competition 25 the captain must be identified as such. Three players must be goalkeepers, with the number 1 shirt reserved for one of them.

Thanks. Makes for interesting tactics that you can have every player on the bench and so change the entire back three OR shove on three attacking midfield players. In the PL it's three from 5 (?) thus giving fewer options.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Thanks. Makes for interesting tactics that you can have every player on the bench and so change the entire back three OR shove on three attacking midfield players. In the PL it's three from 5 (?) thus giving fewer options.

Seven. At all League levels in England.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I forgot about this stadium. Those shit seats on the Withdean style temporary stands outside the stadium look well shonky.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
So many empty seats ��

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here