Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC: Egypt v Uruguay

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I did manage to complete a sales playback document and send two emails during the dull bits so not a total write off.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It's been terrible but I can see Uruguay stepping up a notch in the second half. I'm not worried yet - 70 minutes yes, but not at the moment.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
This is perhaps the poorest I've ever seen Suarez. What is happening?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Yes, but only for gamechanging incidents. This was a dive outside the box - had it been inside and the ref awarded a pen, you'd think (hope) that the VAR would step in and overrule it.

It should have been a booking though regardless.

I bet you're thrilled at the news that linesmen have been instructed to keep their flag down if offsides are tight so that VAR can decide. Whilst I have declared my support for VAR, I can't support that as it could lead to situations like a goalkeeper saving an offside shot, it goes out for a corner, and the team scores a valid goal from the resulting corner.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Isn't it bloody typical. The ONE TIME you want that buck-toothed cheating racist chompmeister to do the business, he completely spacks out for the afternoon.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I bet you're thrilled at the news that linesmen have been instructed to keep their flag down if offsides are tight so that VAR can decide. Whilst I have declared my support for VAR, I can't support that as it could lead to situations like a goalkeeper saving an offside shot, it goes out for a corner, and the team scores a valid goal from the resulting corner.

It has the potential to lead to all kinds of carnage.

I can also see linesmen keeping their flags down when its NOT a marginal offside call, "just to be sure". They'll start leaning on the technology even more.

That said, early days but there's been no VARS howlers yet.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
0-1 Uruguay

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here