Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC: Egypt v Uruguay

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I forgot about this stadium. Those shit seats on the Withdean style temporary stands outside the stadium look well shonky.

I absolutely love this stadium with the added bits. It's mental.

I would shit myself on the back row.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I forgot about this stadium. Those shit seats on the Withdean style temporary stands outside the stadium look well shonky.

Indeed. Still, good job they have them. No idea how they'd contain this capacity crowd otherwise eh? Ahem...

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Why are there so many empty seats?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The joys of WFH

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
This game could do with a goal. Ideally for Egypt.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Word for word.

I have URU / MOR / ESP treble. @ 11/2

I also have on this game: URU win / Godin and Suarez to score / 3.5+ Egypt cards / 3.5+ Uru corners, at about 150/1 that is going to win me the BV £1m WC longest odds prize :thumbsup:

Suarez should have had a goal, and Egypt should already have had a card for that herbert blatantly diving with no contact whatsoever. A proper ZAHA that was, can't believe the ref just told him to get up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Egypt oplaying some nice tidy stuff but without Salah they're totally bereft of end product. Can see them bringing him on because Uruguay look there for the taking at the moment.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Uruguay look rubbish

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Egypt remind me of us when we played well against the big boys - keeping their shape well, but little end product. Is Mo playing with his shin pads just a psych out?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Are the VAR officials not looking at dives in this tournament?

Yes, but only for gamechanging incidents. This was a dive outside the box - had it been inside and the ref awarded a pen, you'd think (hope) that the VAR would step in and overrule it.

It should have been a booking though regardless.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Crap game and I can see my treble going up in smoke in one match. Annoyingly every time Suarez gets the ball I get the name "Chewy Suarez" in my head as that's what my son calls him ALL the time - probably due to some youtuber or something.

In other news that font for the teams and players names is a shocker isn't it. A month of looking at that's going to do my swede in. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here