Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your Three Must Do Away Games 2018/19

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I hope you realise I'm going to insist on meeting you in various northern outposts for drinks.

Blimey, Borth - I've been there on holiday. That really is remote.

I visited it once with a fellow Nsc'er , fell in love with it's undeveloped state of simplicity and stunning beaches , purchased a 3 bed detached house on the seafront for less than you could buy a 1 bed flat in Brighton , it's remote but very busy in the summer ( lots of static caravan holiday parks nearby ) , and believe it or not on the seafront we now have a small cinema / 3 restaurants , a golf course , 2 pubs a real live shop that sells more than coal ,and not forgetting a zoo within 5 minutes walk . The Dovey Estuary is a 5 minute drive and within 10 minutes you are up into the wilderness of the snowdonia national park

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I visited it once with a fellow Nsc'er , fell in love with it's undeveloped state of simplicity and stunning beaches , purchased a 3 bed detached house on the seafront for less than you could buy a 1 bed flat in Brighton , it's remote but very busy in the summer ( lots of static caravan holiday parks nearby ) , and believe it or not on the seafront we now have a small cinema / 3 restaurants , a golf course , 2 pubs a real live shop that sells more than coal ,and not forgetting a zoo within 5 minutes walk . The Dovey Estuary is a 5 minute drive and within 10 minutes you are up into the wilderness of the snowdonia national park

Sounds great. Many years since I was there - stayed at the youth hostel and can only remember a chippy and the fantastic beach. Will visit again one day!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Spurs and West Ham as new grounds for me. I’m also going to make an effort to finish my 92 over the next few years by ticking off a couple of stragglers every season; I also intend to do Newport and Forest Green.

Up for doing Forest Green myself. Have relatives who support them

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Man City - Missed the mid week game
Fulham - Always a great away day
Spurs - New Ground, interested to see what it will be like, hopefully more of an atmosphere than the Emirates or Stamford Bridge.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Spus, West Ham and Citeh

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Tottenham, Everton and City, the three I have not been to yet.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Everton before they move, and Spurs but tickets next season only for super fans

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Spurs and West Ham as new grounds for me. I’m also going to make an effort to finish my 92 over the next few years by ticking off a couple of stragglers every season; I also intend to do Newport and Forest Green.

Same for me (assuming you count WHL as new??). Also not done Cardiff's new one.

Also want to tick off some if not all of the 92

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Fulham, for the usual reasons, really missed the annual jolly last season.

I'd like to get up to Cardiff which falls on my son's birthday, new ground for both of us, and Spurs for the fresh paint smell.

Also want to add Liverpool and Man City, purely because I wanted to get to them last season but couldn't get to city after it was moved, and couldn't afford to go to Liverpool boo hoo

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Cutting out long, 18 hour 4 am trips this year. Reckon, having done almost every game for the past few seasons, I've got a head start on the second tier LP'ers. Only game I MUST DO is the new Spurs ground. So I've done a couple of quick calculations.
Firstly, many others, having done it last year, will also skip the long away days.
Second, there are 16 away games before Spurs, 8 of which I will go to so these will boost my LP's. Close away FA Cup draw would help.
By my reckoning, I'll be doing every other away match which should keep me in the top tier or at least second tier.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
If money, commitments and loyalty points were of no issue then;

Newcastle
Liverpool
Manchester United

The reality
Newcastle
Leicester or Wolves

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
As many as poss