Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your Three Must Do Away Games 2018/19

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Same for me (assuming you count WHL as new??). Also not done Cardiff's new one.

Also want to tick off some if not all of the 92

It’s a substantial/complete rebuild so me and my gang see it as a new ground. The on-site craft beer brewery and cheese room are incentives as well!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Spurs - obvious reason.

Cardiff and Man C. Missed them both in the last two seasons (New grounds for me).

Edit: OOPS forgot that I was on holiday for West Ham last season. So 3 of them. In reality. All 4.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Everton
Everton
Everton.

Was top of my list last season as I never went there the last time we were in the top division.

But having been there now I can tell you the away section is HORRIBLE and what with that and seeing one of our worst performances of the season I will definitely be giving it a miss this season.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Was top of my list last season as I never went there the last time we were in the top division.

But having been there now I can tell you the away section is HORRIBLE and what with that and seeing one of our worst performances of the season I will definitely be giving it a miss this season.

Yeah, but it's one of those where you could get a cheap train, toddle round the dock, quick look at Tate or one of the museums, few dirt-cheap beers, sup up the banging atmosphere around the ground, be pissed enough to enjoy/sleep through the game and then have a cracking evening in Scouseland after.

kjgood

At last! The fixture list is out, diaries and calendars at the ready to ensure that nothing is double booked to stop us watching our glorious team in action. Within that list of 38 matches I have selected my top three choice of away fixtures to attend. Here we go :

Fulham - top club, top ground. Always a great atmosphere when Albion are in town. Dare I say that we’ve picked up maximum points on our last three visits.

Tottenham - a NEW ground to knock off the list. It looks stunning from the latest bunch of pics.

Wolves - never been there. Would like to see us play a team where all the players have been signed in the close season! :)

What are yours?

P.S. Nervously awaits the TV schedules to see what matches are changed.

Spurs
West Ham
Cardiff

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Wolverhampton is an absolute shithole and right on a par with the two you mention. I'm certainly never going back but not because of that (I quite like the odd trip to a proper ground in a northern shithole). It's because I could never top my one and only visit there in 1989 when we beat them 4-2 on the same night the scum lost 9-0 at Liverpool.

Try the Cobra Club in Wolves (if it is still there), was owned by Des Walker, highlight of the Black Country hole that is Wolverhampton, unless you like towns where upmarket is thought of as Wetherspoons!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I need Newcastle Spurs and Chelsea to complete the Prem grounds so ideally those.

Cardiff on my birthday so a priority, plus last two outings there have been 0-0 and 4-1 so need to return to old ways!

Will probs also do Man U and Everton.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
spurs, chelsea, everton as not been to these grounds... fulham is a nice trip IF the weather is good.

probably try to do 5-7 this season if I can. It will be interesting to see how the tickets go this year and whether demand will be less.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Sounds like the advice is to try and grab some tickets for the home end. Wouldn't have been hard to hide in there, as we had nothing to cheer about last time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
spurs, chelsea, everton as not been to these grounds... fulham is a nice trip IF the weather is good.

probably try to do 5-7 this season if I can. It will be interesting to see how the tickets go this year and whether demand will be less.

One of the best Fulham trips was just before CH joined and Nathan was in charge. Epic night, BUT it was bloody FREEZING. Away end was literally bouncing.

https://youtu.be/wtF6UlYR4CQ

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Only really bothered about Palace but never bloody eligible for a ticket
Someone please spare me a ticket this season

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not sure I can be bothered with any of them other than Spurs for the novelty factor. I'm not a new ground collecting wanker - that's never been an appeal for me - but I'm intrigued to see their new place and the big end behind the goal.

I've got a small collection of expensive £30 thin cardboard bookmarks from last season where I bought tickets for away games and then couldn't go - I don't want too many more and last season I quite enjoyed watching our away games in a pub full of Albion fans not far from home. #ArmchairFan

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Man City as couldn’t make it last year.
Huddersfield as never been there.
And one other.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports