Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your Three Must Do Away Games 2018/19

el punal

At last! The fixture list is out, diaries and calendars at the ready to ensure that nothing is double booked to stop us watching our glorious team in action. Within that list of 38 matches I have selected my top three choice of away fixtures to attend. Here we go :

Fulham - top club, top ground. Always a great atmosphere when Albion are in town. Dare I say that we’ve picked up maximum points on our last three visits.

Tottenham - a NEW ground to knock off the list. It looks stunning from the latest bunch of pics.

Wolves - never been there. Would like to see us play a team where all the players have been signed in the close season! :)

What are yours?

P.S. Nervously awaits the TV schedules to see what matches are changed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Same top two, same reasons
Haven't really got a third must-do - just want to do as many as I can, and actually see us score/win occasionally.....................

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Spurs and West Ham as new grounds for me. I’m also going to make an effort to finish my 92 over the next few years by ticking off a couple of stragglers every season; I also intend to do Newport and Forest Green.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Cardiff because my Welsh mate is a City STH who lives here so hopefully a group of us going there with him for a jolly boys outing and a lot of mickey taking on the way home. Fulham as per and because it's just down the road from my London office. Should have the points for Cardiff and be able to get in neutrals for Fulham. I reckon everyone will be after Spurs. It would be my third choice too but realistically won't make it unless I get to a few others too - time to start being nice to the Mrs :lol:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Toon - age of austerity train prices will prob render it completely unaffordable but the chance to see people chucking up shots at 6pm in the city centre (and go to World HQ) is, in theory, good and nice

Fulham - posh beers, walk through the park talking shite hammered, we'll probably win with a 98th minute penalty or something

Liverpool/Everton - Tate, Open Eye, Bluecoat, National Museums, Heebie Jeebies, Camp and Furnace, Bold Street, that Trainspotting-style pub near the ground that does £2.70 pints blah blah blah blah...

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
At last! The fixture list is out, diaries and calendars at the ready to ensure that nothing is double booked to stop us watching our glorious team in action. Within that list of 38 matches I have selected my top three choice of away fixtures to attend. Here we go :

Fulham - top club, top ground. Always a great atmosphere when Albion are in town. Dare I say that we’ve picked up maximum points on our last three visits.

Tottenham - a NEW ground to knock off the list. It looks stunning from the latest bunch of pics.

Wolves - never been there. Would like to see us play a team where all the players have been signed in the close season! :)

What are yours?

P.S. Nervously awaits the TV schedules to see what matches are changed.

You won't want to go back in a hurry.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
City - Couldnt make the midweek game last season

Toon - fancy a big weekend away in Newcastle

Fulham/Spurs - Spurs new ground, Fulham always a lovely time.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Toon - age of austerity train prices will prob render it completely unaffordable but the chance to see people chucking up shots at 6pm in the city centre (and go to World HQ) is, in theory, good and nice

Fulham - posh beers, walk through the park talking shite hammered, we'll probably win with a 98th minute penalty or something

Liverpool/Everton - Tate, Open Eye, Bluecoat, National Museums, Heebie Jeebies, Camp and Furnace, Bold Street, that Trainspotting-style pub near the ground that does £2.70 pints blah blah blah blah...

Free accommodation in Leeds may be available if that helps costs!

For me it's gotta be Burnley, Huddersfield and Newcastle - the local ones.

Last edited:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Cardiff as it will be my shortest trip
wolves as it will be my next shortest
spurs as it's , well spurs .

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Spurs - New Ground
City - New Ground (Wasn't able to make the midweek game last season)
Newcastle - Whats not to like about the marathon stair climb

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Cardiff - great city, have plenty of Bluebird mates and it is a birthday weekend for one of my Albion mates and one of my Cardiff mates. what could possibly go wrong.

Spurs - A team I loathe but the thought of getting into that fantastic new stadium for £30 when everyone else is mortgaging their homes to get in is just too funny for words.

Fulham - Simply one of the nicest places to watch a football game, period.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You’re probably right - in the same category as Burnley and Stoke, which I both went to for the first time last season. A tick off the list job.

Wolverhampton is an absolute shithole and right on a par with the two you mention. I'm certainly never going back but not because of that (I quite like the odd trip to a proper ground in a northern shithole). It's because I could never top my one and only visit there in 1989 when we beat them 4-2 on the same night the scum lost 9-0 at Liverpool.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here