Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Help! Problems with a Brighton parking machine

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Yes one I was thinking of as well. Glad sense prevailed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, they accept I paid and do not deny that the machine failed to issue a ticket when the payment went through. They say I should have found another machine and paid again and have rejected my appeal on the basis that I didn't display the ticket their machine didn't produce. The ombudsman surely calls but what sort of council is this?

Yeah thats nuts for several reasons:
1) How many people have enough pound coins in their pockets to pay again ?
2) How would you PROVE to them you paid for the first ticket but a) didnt get it or b) give it to someone else and then decide to put a fake claim in?
3) would you really bother to put in a claim for another £3 or whatever you paid (they no doubt bank on this)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
2) How would you PROVE to them you paid for the first ticket but a) didnt get it or b) give it to someone else and then decide to put a fake claim in?
3) would you really bother to put in a claim for another £3 or whatever you paid (they no doubt bank on this)

4) what if you still didn't get a ticket the second time? How much are you supposed to spend?!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Let me clear something up:

NONONONONO.

And more NO.

I hope I am in time to stop you thinking you can pay and appeal, because you cannot. Also, why would you plan to rush and pay £70, seeing as if you lost this at adjudication (and you won't) you'd be paying...£70...!

What happens with Council PCNS is this:

- the first challenge goes to the company that issues the PCNs for the Council, which explains why first challenges are routinely turned down. And they dangle the carrot of the 'discount' (aka bribe) and like lemmings, people rush to pay up and grab the offer...doh!

- as long as you/your wife are the registered keeper (not a company car), wait for the Notice to Owner and repeat the same appeal.

- this time, the Council have to handle the appeal and if they reject, and I think they will not,

- you should win this at adjudication, no loopholes, just on the facts alone.

I have a Council PCN at the moment as well, different circs but I will win it. Spoke to the CEO, had a nice chat in fact, about online forums and all the stuff I post about here, and he agreed I'll win!

Thanks Lady Seagull - I'm afraid my reference to the 70 quid was just sloppy English. What I should have said was that the council is now lining me up to pay that sum if my second appeal fails. This is an attempt to intimidate me into paying the £35 now of course. Thanks too for your encouraging words.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

The original payment was by card rather than coins - these machines don't accept cash. I have sent the council my bank statement showing the payment but this was ignored. I love this city. And utterly loathe its council.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here