Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Baldock Up For Sale ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sam's three year contract at Reading is up this summer, seemingly out of favour there it looks increasingly likely that he is set to leave the club.

I know he had his detractors during his time with us, (mainly due to his lack of goals - sound familiar?), but overall he was a player that l really rated, and he very nearly got to play in the Premier League for us.

Still only 32, I think he could still do a job for someone, and hopefully a team not too far down the Football League will take a chance and sign him. I wish him well.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sam's three year contract at Reading is up this summer, seemingly out of favour there it looks increasingly likely that he is set to leave the club.

I know he had his detractors during his time with us, (mainly due to his lack of goals - sound familiar?), but overall he was a player that l really rated, and he very nearly got to play in the Premier League for us.

Still only 32, I think he could still do a job for someone, and hopefully a team not too far down the Football League will take a chance and sign him. I wish him well.

Hope so....I really liked Super Sam. Proper little shithouse too :)

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
always remember one first half when bloke next to me spent whole half moaning about Baldock

second half he either scored twice or scored one and made the other - bloke next to me rather quiet after that ...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

He played twice in the Premier League for us (albeit briefly):-

WBA 2 - 0 Albion

Albion 0 - 2 Leicester City

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He had a great season in 16/17 and scored a load of important goals - none of them simple tap ins either. In fact if it wasn't for Sidwell's halfway-line effort (which Baldock assisted by causing the Bristol City player to play a loose pass) he'd probably have had 4 potential winners for GOTS: Reading home, QPR home, Barnsley away, Fulham home.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
always remember one first half when bloke next to me spent whole half moaning about Baldock

second half he either scored twice or scored one and made the other - bloke next to me rather quiet after that ...

I remember a midweek game away to Bristol City, when we smashed them 4-0. Baldock scored, was instrumental in our dominance and still the bloke next to me was dishing out the abuse.

I actually asked him if Sam had had a go on his wife :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A proper little shithouse is just what we could do with on the field now. I think his father was a vicar too.

We got Maupay and Andone! Bald oct reminds me of both. Was really great for us in that promotion season. And think he did score a lot of memory serves me right - like 15? Could be wrong.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sorry, can't forgive him for missing that sitter at Villa which would have put us 2-0 up and probably won us the championship title.

I let that championship thing go very quickly - promotion was the main main main aim bud. And we’d have won the title had the players not all been pissed still. Heard tales of one player that barely drinks saying he could barely feel his legs at Norwich :lol:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Maybe his younger brother could do a job as “back up” for Lamptey seeing as Sheffield United are as good as down ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here