Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Labour Live

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Indeed, this kind of political illiteracy should really deserve a ban.

You know full well it doesnt work like that.
Some thumbs up are the order of the day, along with some endorsing retweets ......keep the bullshit flowing at any cost.
The ban only comes if you dare disagree.

D

Deleted member 22389

Thinking of forming a "none of the above" political party, for those who are pissed off at all of them, but still want to be heard. I could use a deputy chairman if you are interested.......in fact i could use a seconder.......its just me at the moment :D

Fing feel like it at the moment.

D

Deleted member 22389

The Labour Party’s 2017 Manifesto stated that if elected a Labour Govt would respect the referendum result (page 24 I think).

There is a couple of pages on Brexit, trust me there is nothing about remain at all?

There’s a page or two before the Brexit bit which relate to taking the railways and Mail back into public hands.........policies that could not be delivered if we stayed in the EU.

You should read it, I think it would help you on these political threads.

Yes I actually remember that now. Labour have not once stated their position clearly.
They couldn't be trusted under bliar and they can't be trusted now. End of story.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
i believe it was intended as a fund raiser. they saw the "success" for Corbyn talking to a pissed up crowd at Glastonbury for 10 minutes, and thought it would translate to an entire political-music festival. in the end they have lost money and bused people in on free tickets just so it didnt look like an empty shambles. feels like theres a metaphor in there.

Let us thank our lucky stars that it was only a music festival Labour were trying to run and not the country!:eek::eek::nono::tosser:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The Labour Party’s 2017 Manifesto stated that if elected a Labour Govt would respect the referendum result (page 24 I think).

There is a couple of pages on Brexit, trust me there is nothing about remain at all?

There’s a page or two before the Brexit bit which relate to taking the railways and Mail back into public hands.........policies that could not be delivered if we stayed in the EU.

You should read it, I think it would help you on these political threads.

Apparently there were 15 of them in their protest group, does that constitute a lot in relevance to the attendance?

No it wasnt. Its the first time ive heard someone say it was a remain in the EU manifesto, did you read that on twitter?
If you remain in the EU the status quo remains and no need for new arrangements on anything, perhaps you can explain Labours position contained in the manifesto on new arrangements with our relationship with the EU as we Leave and as non members if it, if is according to you a remain in the EU manifesto

Labour accepts the referendum result and a Labour government will put the national interest first.

We will prioritise jobs and living standards, build a close new relationship with the EU,

Labour recognises that leaving the EU with ‘no deal’ is the worst possible deal for Britain and that it would do damage to our economy and trade. We will reject ‘no deal’ as a viable option and, if needs be, negotiate transitional arrangements to avoid a ‘cliff-edge’ for the UK economy.

We will seek to ensure that Britain remains part of the Erasmus scheme so that British students have the same educational opportunities after we leave the EU.

We will introduce a ‘presumption of devolution’ where devolved powers transferred from the EU will go straight to the relevant region or nation

Freedom of movement will end when we leave the European Union

Whatever our trade arrangements, we will need new migration management systems, ……….This may include employer sponsorship, work permits, visa regulations or a tailored mix of all these which works for the many, not the few.

As our trading relationship with the EU changes it is vital that we retain unrestricted access for our goods and services

Hell of a lot of new leaving arrangements for life outside being members of the EU, for a manifesto that reads according to you that it is for remaining in.

Why do you think Corbyn sacked some of his shadow cabinet, and last week 4 PPPS and another Labour member resigned?
They are sick of Corbyn's tactics.
This government is so duplicitous, Labour should be driving a horse and cart right through it, and winning with vastly improved majorities. They aren't. The worse Tory government for decades, and Labour are sitting back doing nothing.
This reminds me of Anthony Eden in the 50s.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Most of the recent posts I have chosen to block ('prancing ninny', and other propagandists can do one). But I can read sensible folk in dispair at the clusterf'uck that is today's irrelevant 'no compromise with the electorate' labour. Meanwhile the tiny brain of May runs loose like a clockwork fart in an empty circus tent.

What a shambles of a country we are. :nono:

I know you hate Maggie, but both she and Blair had the gravitas, strategy and single mindedness to lead a nation.

A huge vacuum at the moment.

For those thinking Corbyn/McDonnell/Abbott in government would carry the nation; instead it would be simply be a hard left version of this government. Infighting, media led by shit stirrer Kuensberg magnifying any cracks, a social media maestrom, business and economic analysts tearing apart policy.

Where’s David Steel when we need him?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here