Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away Days 2018/19

el punal

I thought I’d take a flyer here and check out prices for train fares for next season. So, as an example, I chose our trip to Liverpool on Saturday 25th August with Virgin Trains - Euston to Lime Street (return). Anyway, I was puzzled by how much more the fares were compared with our last season’s visit in May.

All was made clear, Virgin have not allocated cheap advanced fares due to the uncertainty of the new timetable changes, and will not be issuing them until six weeks before your proposed travel date i.e. around the second week of July.

Has anyone else been affected by this, and does this policy apply to all train companies?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Aren't they supposed to be completely overhauling fares soon, removing split ticketing etc?

I think that's dependant on the Labour Party winning the next election, and bringing back privatisation.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
This is an ideal fixture if Liverpool have had to travel a long way in the midweek before due to Champions League qualifying. Please let it be in Russia/Kazakhstan/Azerbaijan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here