Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] If you thought Football Tickets were expensive, consider gig tickets

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
David Byrne has just announced he is coming back to the UK in October for a few dates.

So go onto O2 pre sale for North Greenwich, £110 + add-ons total £125

Is this a new record?

Needless to say, I'm not paying that much

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Ridiculous price, but the music industry has turned upside down. It used to be that bands toured at a loss/break even to publise and sell their music from which they made their (or rather their label/manager) money. Now they tour to make a living. Even so, £125 is terrible.

I saw Chameleons Vox for £15 last week. Bargain.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I’m seeing him in Manchester next week and my ticket was £40 plus £6 fees.

Is that for premium seats or something?

Edit: He is playing Manchester again later this year and tickets are from £33.75. He is playing Brighton on 30th October too, tickets £49.60 inc fees.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Never heard of him

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Needless to say, I'm not paying that much

Quite right too.

If you did decide to go, you may ask yourself, "Well...how did I get here?"

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ridiculous price, but the music industry has turned upside down. It used to be that bands toured at a loss/break even to publise and sell their music from which they made their (or rather their label/manager) money. Now they tour to make a living. Even so, £125 is terrible.

I saw Chameleons Vox for £15 last week. Bargain.

Saw the 'actual' Chameleons (you know how it works) a couple of years ago in Oxford for about that. :O

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Not even close I’m afraid, a pair of block a seats to see Barbra Streisand at the o2 about 6 years ago cost £1000 face value plus booking fee

VIP tickets for Britney at Preston Park were £175 each and sold out very quickly

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Most I have paid for a single music act was £60 for Kraftwerk last year.

Never paid more than £20. Was dragged to see Bryan Adams at Wobbley Arena 20 years ago but the daft girlfrend paid. Off to see Protomartyr in Ramsgate in a while for, I think, £12. Stunning bargain. Dave Byrne can do one. And I've seen him twice. Arena gigs are dire, anyway. Kiss my raiment. And my ringpiece. While I warble me tunes. Me hot tunes...... Nah....**** off.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Quite right too.

If you did decide to go, you may ask yourself, "Well...how did I get here?"

I came into some money. Insurance money. Shh though. It was for burning down the house.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Eddi Reader is playing the Pavilion Theatre in Worthing soon. I really like her voice and saw her 3 years ago at the Ropetackle and would like to see her again. The tickets are £31
and while I know that's not a lot compared to some of the prices already mentioned on this thread, it seems a lot for that particular gig and venue. It was £23 to see her last time.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I had an email from Lastminute.com a couple of weeks ago offering tickets for Taylor Swift's reputation tour at Wembley stadium. Prices started at a reasonable £83.00!

My son confirmed that was the going rate these days,

I clicked on the link and it is now £94.

Flex Your Head

Saw the 'actual' Chameleons (you know how it works) a couple of years ago in Oxford for about that. :O

A couple of years ago? Highly unlikey as the last time they played a gig was in 2003.

I remember that they were due to play Brighton two or three times in the early 80's but each gig was cancelled for one reason or another. I ened up going to this hometown gig whilst visiting friends at Lancaster Uni in 1983. It was immense!

Chameleons.jpg

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Never paid more than £20. Was dragged to see Bryan Adams at Wobbley Arena 20 years ago but the daft girlfrend paid. Off to see Protomartyr in Ramsgate in a while for, I think, £12. Stunning bargain. Dave Byrne can do one. And I've seen him twice. Arena gigs are dire, anyway. Kiss my raiment. And my ringpiece. While I warble me tunes. Me hot tunes...... Nah....**** off.

Fair point. To be honest you can see a lot of really good bands for under a tenner. I still think twenty quid is expensive. More than that and it would have to be something special.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A couple of years ago? Highly unlikey as the last time they played a gig was in 2003.

I remember that they were due to play Brighton two or three times in the early 80's but each gig was cancelled for one reason or another. I ened up going to this hometown gig whilst visiting friends at Lancaster Uni in 1983. It was immense!

View attachment 97665

The singer put together a band with two new guitarists, and they played the entire first album. They were billed as 'the chameleons'. I see this has been relabeled as Chams Vox on Youtube (and I am very visible in the audience here lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xKVQ6l_Ui8)

Apparently Reg and Dave were not happy and there was the usual spat on t'internet (a bit like the one between the bass player and the guitarist of Opposition when the guitarist released the 'live album').

But it was deffo 'the chameleons' when I saw them....I have the tickets somewhere...birthday present from Mrs T....I was a stunned as the next man.

Edit post: Mrs T says I am talking out of my arse - it was Chameleons Vox. Apologies :facepalm::lolol:

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here