Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2026 World cup

1 Not allowed!
    Feels strange to be more excited about a World Cup that doesn’t start for 8 years, than the one that starts in around 24 hours.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      "The Fifa heirarchy, including the president, Gianni Infantino, preferred the North American bid which has promised to generate around an $11bn (£8.24bn) profit for Fifa compared to the projected $5.7bn (£4.48bn) a Morocco World Cup would raise. The Moroccans had been keen to emphasise its more fan-friendly pricing in contrast with the United 2026 bid which stated an average ticket price of $431 (£322), a significant increase on the Brazil and Russia World Cups."

Given that fact, it was pretty obvious which was gong to be the successful bid then wasn't it. I dunno why Morocco bothered to continue lobbying for it.

I, for one, am really shocked and surprised that FIFA would make their choice based on profits rather than the good of football and the fans.

9 Not allowed!
      Looking forward to this 48 team tournament.

I've already got my 2026 Panini World Cup sticker album.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.
      Two Mad Professors Two Professors's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      Looking forward to this 48 team tournament.

I've already got my 2026 Panini World Cup sticker album.

Think the grandson's 2018 one already looks like that.More swappers than stickers.Shame Morocco didn't get it,but money talks,With FIFA more than most,allegedly.
      "Blue is the colour,passports are the game,the whiners just don't like it,oh what a f***in shame,we'll go on through the wind and rain,cos Brexit,Brexit is our aim"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Munkfish View Post
      Australlia fully deserve a World cup in my mind, but Another in the USA will not be disapointing, much better than Qatar which is still a complete joke.
      Agree only had it in 94 and it was sh1t.
      Brexit is like trying to remove the egg from an omelette. Updated 2018
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      £322 AVERAGE ticket price

How can anyone justify paying anything like that?

Obscene.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      This 48 team thing is a disgrace. They've already ruined the Euros (where it's now almost impossible to go out in the first round and the eventual winners can finish third in their group) and now the World Cup will be spoiled in a similar manner.

Always used to say that the Euros were a tougher tournament because of the format and there being fewer shit teams. Not any more.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      This 48 team thing is a disgrace. They've already ruined the Euros (where it's now almost impossible to go out in the first round and the eventual winners can finish third in their group) and now the World Cup will be spoiled in a similar manner.

Always used to say that the Euros were a tougher tournament because of the format and there being fewer shit teams. Not any more.
      Portugal managed to draw their way to being European Champions. They only managed to win ONCE in normal time, and that was against the 1-man team.

Drew 1-1 with Iceland
      Drew 0-0 with Austria
      Drew 3-3 with Hungary
      Drew 0-0 with Croatia (won 1-0 AET)
      Won 2-0 v Wales
      Drew 0-0 with France (won 1-0 AET)

I know that Greece were dull, but surely that Portugal team are the most miserable European Champions ever.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      Portugal managed to draw their way to being European Champions. They only managed to win ONCE in normal time, and that was against the 1-man team.

Drew 1-1 with Iceland
      Drew 0-0 with Austria
      Drew 3-3 with Hungary
      Drew 0-0 with Croatia (won 1-0 AET)
      Won 2-0 v Wales
      Drew 0-0 with France (won 1-0 AET)

I know that Greece were dull, but surely that Portugal team are the most miserable European Champions ever.
      Yeah agreed. Portugal are probably my least favourite international team. Narcissistic prick aside, they are the worst offenders for cheating, diving, niggly fouls, snide attempts to get players sent off, negative play the like and they showed all of that in that tournament.

Before they messed with the format they'd have been out at the group stage and good bloody riddance too.
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      Yeah agreed. Portugal are probably my least favourite international team. Narcissistic prick aside, they are the worst offenders for cheating, diving, niggly fouls, snide attempts to get players sent off, negative play the like and they showed all of that in that tournament.

Before they messed with the format they'd have been out at the group stage and good bloody riddance too.
      This - people talk about Portugal being all about Ronaldo, but in reality PEPE is the spirit of Portugal distilled into one player.

(Sergio Ramos really ought to Portuguese, tbh)
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.