Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v Australia 1st One Day International , Kia Oval 13.00 SS1

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Billy Stanlake is apparently 204cm tall. I think in feet and inches that translates as '****ing massive'?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Will people never learn...

Ali to Stoinis, SIX runs, that breaks the shackles! Uses his feet then lofts high over long-on. A clean swing of the bat
Apologies. I thought he was being taken out of the attack! [emoji23]

Stoinis gone now anyway. 94/5.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
5-0-13-3 Decent spell.....

26.60 Ali to Maxwell, no run, works into midwicket
26.56 Ali to Maxwell, SIX runs, that's a magnificent shot! Maxwell is finding his touch. Drives inside-out over wide long-off
26.40 Ali to Maxwell, no run, full outside off, driven to cover
26.3 4 Ali to Maxwell, FOUR runs, back to back boundaries, this one is dragged down short, Maxwell rocks back and pull powerfully through midwicket
26.24 Ali to Maxwell, FOUR runs, gets this one away...fuller outside off, a cracking, skimming, drive which flies wide of mid-off inside the circle
26.10 Ali to Maxwell, no run, touch short outside off, doesn't get any timing, off the toe of the bat to cover

:facepalm:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
26.60 Ali to Maxwell, no run, works into midwicket
26.56 Ali to Maxwell, SIX runs, that's a magnificent shot! Maxwell is finding his touch. Drives inside-out over wide long-off
26.40 Ali to Maxwell, no run, full outside off, driven to cover
26.3 4 Ali to Maxwell, FOUR runs, back to back boundaries, this one is dragged down short, Maxwell rocks back and pull powerfully through midwicket
26.24 Ali to Maxwell, FOUR runs, gets this one away...fuller outside off, a cracking, skimming, drive which flies wide of mid-off inside the circle
26.10 Ali to Maxwell, no run, touch short outside off, doesn't get any timing, off the toe of the bat to cover

:facepalm:
[emoji33]

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Off topic, but while we're on the subject of cricket (and the "spirit of cricket" being pushed again after the sandpaper meltdown) has anyone else had experience of really questionable umpiring decisions in junior cricket?

I ask because I've seen quite a few over the past 4 years of my son playing club cricket (and 3 district) but I've never seen anything as bad as what I witnessed last night. To the point where it was blatant cheating.

I love the game but when adults are cheating to ensure their kid's team wins it goes totally against everything good about cricket. We all had a laugh about it but if that's what kids are brought up on then it's hardly teaching them the right way to play the game.

Makes it even more frustrating when our coaches/umpires have always been fair to the point of slightly favouring the opposition on close decisions. The way it should be.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Off topic, but while we're on the subject of cricket (and the "spirit of cricket" being pushed again after the sandpaper meltdown) has anyone else had experience of really questionable umpiring decisions in junior cricket?

I ask because I've seen quite a few over the past 4 years of my son playing club cricket (and 3 district) but I've never seen anything as bad as what I witnessed last night. To the point where it was blatant cheating.

I love the game but when adults are cheating to ensure their kid's team wins it goes totally against everything good about cricket. We all had a laugh about it but if that's what kids are brought up on then it's hardly teaching them the right way to play the game.

Makes it even more frustrating when our coaches/umpires have always been fair to the point of slightly favouring the opposition on close decisions. The way it should be.

I'm 24 and played from 12 to 22. I'm a very honest bloke but my god some of the umpires are awful, they can literally ruin your whole game. There are specific teams who have a reputation for cheating umpires but no one really does anything about it. One of the big factors in me stopping playing. I get that they have tough jobs as umpires, but agree some are just blatantly cheating.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'm 24 and played from 12 to 22. I'm a very honest bloke but my god some of the umpires are awful, they can literally ruin your whole game. There are specific teams who have a reputation for cheating umpires but no one really does anything about it. One of the big factors in me stopping playing. I get that they have tough jobs as umpires, but agree some are just blatantly cheating.

Happens with all sports sadly, boys and men's football its the linesman....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
207/8 with 5 overs left, rehab going well

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
208/9

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
214 ao

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Happens with all sports sadly, boys and men's football its the linesman....

I don't understand what these blokes get out of it. We had two decisions (amongst other "close" run outs and wides / no balls given not given) last night which totally changed the game.

The one girl in our team who is an excellent player and plays for Yorkshire was in and had just spanked one for 4. We were chasing 85 in 20 and were struggling at about 25/4 but she looked as if she could change things pretty quickly. Next ball she got one about chest height which she did well to hit rather than get hit by. It looped up and was caught and we all waited for the no ball signal from their umpire......which never came.

Then, at the death my son was in at 9 and was playing nicely. We were 9 down and needed 19 off 4 overs but the last two batsmen were set and they'd just got 9 off the previous over. My son goes to drive at one but then leaves it, his back foot not moving from around a foot inside the crease. The keeper takes the bails off and the same umpire (who's at square leg) raises the finger. Game over.

It's U13 cricket and my lad and a couple of others are only 11, most are 12. Their team was full of 13/14 year old giants and included a lad who's the best batsman in the Derbyshire U13 A team. They really didn't need any advantage.

What a ****.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Convicts ready to field alert

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Idiots batting alert

23/2