Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will you be watching the Russia World Cup ?

How much WC footy will you be watching?

• Silly question every game possible, its the World Cup!!

Votes: 131 74.9%
  • England games, Albion players and the latter stages

Votes: 33 18.9%
  • Just the England games really

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • International just ain't the same, FIFA, Russia, Boycott it

Votes: 6 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Being in charge of the works rota is a wonderful thing. Now I've had to work on Thursday, but alone so the tablet will be on. After that I miss two 1 pm KO's. Will have to sneak tablet in again for Columbia v Japan. Every other game will be watched, two weeks of non-stop football. Then the knockouts. Somehow I'm working the only days there is no football, strange that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Biggest football competition in the world - every football fan will surely be watching as much as possible?!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No. Although many believe it is.
No I know. Visited Taiwan nearly 30 years ago. Had a Chinese student (from China) come and live with us recently, and she had no idea we consider Taiwan a separate country. But then she thought the Dalai Lama was a terrorist. The effectiveness of brainwashing is scary.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Do bears shit in the woods? According to the thread above, everyone does. :drool:

Edit - every game live if I can. Madness to do anything other.

We had a big telly in one of the research labs for 2002 and I took great delight winding up all and sundry foreigners working in the department at every possible opportunity. It was like [MENTION=3733]papajaff[/MENTION] at Hull all over again. Marvellous scenes. :O:rock::ascarf:

I'll have to watch some of the matches down at the local pub and hope never to leave my stool in public.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
As much as I can. Work will obviously get in the way.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Anyone looking forward to Morocco v Iran on Friday afternoon? :wink:

I'm not finishing work early to watch that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll be all over it like white on rice. Knocking off early tomorrow to get back for the start, and will watch pretty much every game, with plenty of early finishes. Saturday there's FOUR games on, one after another, whats not to like ? TV set up in the back garden, kick back with a few beers and a grill.

Scenes. Absolute scenes.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The only thing that will get in the way of me watching ALL of it will be if my son has a cricket match that clashes with a game. Having said that, if it's a home match then the football will be on in the bar anyway.

Work from home and for myself so that wont get in the way of me pouring as much World Cup into my EYES as possible.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Despite the corruption that gave Russia and Qatar the tournaments, I will be watching tons of the games, as I love football.

Hopefully play is of a high standard, with plenty of goals and if England convincingly win three or more games that would be a huge step up from the recent past.

I will avoid tedious BBC reporters relentlessly rattling on about knocks in the camp to e.g. Kane and Rashford. Negative noise.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
You are damned right I will, we have just installed a very large screen and projector in the sports for this and I drew Australia in the sweep !

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I remember 20 years ago taking most of my holiday for the start of the world cup and watching England v Tunisia in a packed Font & Firkin on a Monday lunchtime, as well as the opening Scotland v Brazil game the previous Wednesday. I won't be doing any of that. Back then and in subsequent tournaments I genuinely thought we had a chance of winning the thing. I'll watch England and other bits and pieces but my England enthusiasm passed away after South Africa 2010 and international football isn't the buzz it was for me now.

At the 1998 WC I watched England 2 - 0 Colombia with a couple of hundred others in the bar at The Metropole Hotel, on a sunny Friday evening. A rarity - a good England performance and win in a WC finals.

Dodgy keeper helped.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am all over this one because it's the World Cup and it's in a proper football nation. Sadly I suspect this is the last WC I'll be taking seriously for a while. I am really going to struggle with Qatar, and the 48 team thing 4 years after that is likely to be an absolute dogs breakfast.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Going to miss a fair bit of it as I am in Peru for two weeks but it will be interesting to see what the locals make of it seeing as they are in it for the first time in decades.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here