Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will you be watching the Russia World Cup ?

How much WC footy will you be watching?

• Silly question every game possible, its the World Cup!!

Votes: 131 74.9%
  • England games, Albion players and the latter stages

Votes: 33 18.9%
  • Just the England games really

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • International just ain't the same, FIFA, Russia, Boycott it

Votes: 6 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
At the 1998 WC I watched England 2 - 0 Colombia with a couple of hundred others in the bar at The Metropole Hotel, on a sunny Friday evening. A rarity - a good England performance and win in a WC finals.

Dodgy keeper helped.

Remember being an on BA flight from Sydney to London and the pilot calling out the score. Most of the plane roared

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Just been instructed to go into hospital for a couple of weeks starting today/tomorrow.
Bugger.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I was in hospital for most of Euro 2012. It was great, I watched every game while being waited on by pretty nurses.
And unlimited tea!
Plus, in a couple of days I get transferred to Kings where I'll have an isolation room with a big T.V.
Glass half full :)

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
I will try to get in as many as possible. Would like to think its karma if Russia lost to Saudia Arabia, and then failed to get out of the group.:laugh:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Will watch as much as possible, but there seem to be a lot of afternoon matches so will have to record them. I wonder if you record one if you can Series Link all the rest on that channel.

Also I think it is 24h de Le Mans this weekend, which is probably on ESPN or something so will have to watch that.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I will certainly watch the BIG ones and some of the odd little teams, especially if they have opposing religions and recent wars etc for a bit of spice. What channels are they being shown on, are they over all channels and who has the daily round up. Must get to some organising.........

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I see the giant screen is back on Brighton beach, albeit a different company doing it this time. LOADS of World Cup games being shown, £5 for a day pass or £3 for a half day / evening jobbie.

I might mince along there for a couple of games of a weekend if the weathers decent (NOT for an England game, mind). The one drawback being its probably north of five quid for a plastic pint of warm flat pissy lager.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I see the giant screen is back on Brighton beach, albeit a different company doing it this time. LOADS of World Cup games being shown, £5 for a day pass or £3 for a half day / evening jobbie.

I might mince along there for a couple of games of a weekend if the weathers decent (NOT for an England game, mind). The one drawback being its probably north of five quid for a plastic pint of warm flat pissy lager.

Would the England games be too packed there, or would it be the presence of idiots?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here