Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] remind me again, why you need a degree to be a journalist..? pants protest *safe for work

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You don't need a degree to be a journalist, in fact, I was told forty years ago that it was a disadvantage.

But I'm not sure what the issue is with this story? It's a good story whether you have a degree or not

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What's the problem.
Some SNOB sends an anonymous letter about some washing hanging up and the village shows its protest to the NIMBY.
There are far too many people around these days who stick their noses into other people's business and have got far too much to say for themselves.
A nice story, well done the village.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To ultimately get a job waiting or as a holiday rep on £15,000 a year.

With 42% of 18 / 19 year old going to Uni, there simply isn't the number of cerebrally challenging jobs in the professions, to give graduates promising careers. By many millions. There was never going to be.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Not if you work for the daily mail or the Guardian, you just need a chip on your shoulder. Too right wing or too left wing equally as bad.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To ultimately get a job waiting or as a holiday rep on £15,000 a year.

With 42% of 18 / 19 year old going to Uni, there simply isn't the number of cerebrally challenging jobs in the professions, to give graduates promising careers. By many millions. There was never going to be.

Maybe some go to university for reasons of learning something and bettering themselves and not for the job at the end?; I did.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Maybe some go to university for reasons of learning something and bettering themselves and not for the job at the end?; I did.

I have no issue with the numbers going.

Just feel kind of sorry for the young graduates I've met or heard, doing mundane jobs on modest pay, vocalising their sadness about the lack of prospects.

When we went in the 80's, a far rarer thing then, it wasn't a case of would there be a challenging career ahead, but which one? We had a positive triple whammy of studying a subject of choice, a great time and good prospects.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have no issue with the numbers going.

Just feel kind of sorry for the young graduates I've met or heard, doing mundane jobs on modest pay, vocalising their sadness about the lack of prospects.

When we went in the 80's, a far rarer thing then, it wasn't a case of would there be a challenging career ahead, but which one? We had a positive triple whammy of studying a subject of choice, a great time and good prospects.

Fair enough; I misinterpreted your post.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
17 posts and nobody has menationed HB&B let alone had a pop at him - disappointing NSC :(

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here