Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Deontay Wilder says he has agreed to UK unification fight

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Great fight if it happens, but I think Fury v AJ is the bigger fight in the UK at least. Wilder's only chance is KO no way on earth will Wilder get the judges decision against AJ in UK and I hope the have a ref that is not dodgy like the last two refs that have been involved in AJ fights. If it's a fair fight then it's a legit 50/50.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Also hoping Fury can get back too the top as fights with AJ, Wilder and Whyte will be well worth a watch.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Didn't you say Fury was a drugs cheat? Wasn't he cleared?

So what's your view on Fury eating uncastrated wild boar meat?
]

Complete bollocks, this is a defence thats been given many times before when athletes have been caught using. Its well known that wild boar can cause a positive result, there have even been numerous medical journal articles written about it, obviously if you were a professional athlete surely you would make it your business to know about anything that might cause you to have a positive test. Couple that with the fact that you would need to eat a serious amount, I think the Furys were claiming one whole wild boar each every single week!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
]

Complete bollocks, this is a defence thats been given many times before when athletes have been caught using. Its well known that wild boar can cause a positive result, there have even been numerous medical journal articles written about it, obviously if you were a professional athlete surely you would make it your business to know about anything that might cause you to have a positive test. Couple that with the fact that you would need to eat a serious amount, I think the Furys were claiming one whole wild boar each every single week!

I don't believe their story either just like I don't believe AJ's build is natural., but it's ridiculous to scapegoat Tyson Fury for being a drugs cheat when the whole sport is riddled with them. I've just read that Eric Molina (former AJ opponent) failed a drugs test just 3 weeks ago!

The sport needs to sort this out. Even Mayweather was found positive for PED's after the Manny fight. It's becoming the norm. But sadly most people just want to look at Tyson Fury for their finger pointing. Easy target I suppose?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I don't believe their story either just like I don't believe AJ's build is natural., but it's ridiculous to scapegoat Tyson Fury for being a drugs cheat when the whole sport is riddled with them. I've just read that Eric Molina (former AJ opponent) failed a drugs test 3 weeks ago!

The sport needs to sort this out. Even Mayweather was found positive for PED's after the Manny fight. It's becoming the norm. Sadly most people just want to look at Tyson Fury for their finger pointing. Easy target I suppose?

Easy target because he failed a test, equally you cant point the finger at AJ like you did when he is a clean athlete until now.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Easy target because he failed a test, .

And so did Mayweather but he's still regarded as one of the greatest.....unlike Fury.

equally you cant point the finger at AJ like you did when he is a clean athlete until now

Why not when the whole sport is riddled with PED use? You don't believe Fury's story, I don't believe AJ's.

AJ won't get caught because he is the face of Boxing right now. He's a 'role model' who turned his life around from being an Olympic gold medalist drug dealer to the big stiff idiot he is now. A great story which will inspire children and sell millions for Skysports. I'm sure AJ is very well protected when these drug tests turn up too.

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
no idea to be honest, both bans might have been lifted... but they are responsible for what they eat. Accident or not.

canelo also claimed it was meat...like the Furys
So if they're claiming the drugs got into their system through meat wtf are they eating, tour de france cyclists?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I really don't know about Mayweather... did he fail a test and get banned ?

Money Mayweather allegedly took an intravenous solution of saline and vitamins on the eve of the Pacquiao fight on May 2 which was banned under World Anti-Doping Agency guidelines, according to a report by SB Nation.

Mayweather's team say it was for rehydration after the weigh-ins.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/boxing/did...ight-of-the-century-with-manny-pacquiao-39191

Mayweather gets away with PED use and most of the public didn't even know about it? Boxing is massively corrupt and it would be very naive to assume AJ with his ridiculous build and huge hype isn't a user of PED's when even the likes of Mayweather used them.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
And so did Mayweather but he's still regarded as one of the greatest.....unlike Fury.

Why not when the whole sport is riddled with PED use? You don't believe Fury's story, I don't believe AJ's.

AJ won't get caught because he is the face of Boxing right now. He's a 'role model' who turned his life around from being an Olympic gold medalist drug dealer. A great story which will inspire children and sell millions for Skysports. I'm sure AJ is very well protected when these drug tests turn up too.

What story of A.J's don't you believe? A.J. doesn't have a case to answer because he hasn't tested positive, Fury has and came up with a ridiculous excuse.

The reason we were talking about Fury specifically is because you claimed that Wilder and Joshua couldn't be considered a massive fight because neither of them were lineal champions. The reason for this was that the lineal champion Fury was out of the sport for 3 years 2 of which have since been served as a backdated ban for drugs use.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Clutching at straws...he doesn’t have a case to answer, the police found a bag of weed in his car in 2010 - 2 years before the olympics, what has that got to do with PEDs use?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Other than being caught drug dealing after winning an olympic gold medal, AJ clearly isn't the sort to try and take short cuts.

you jus like throwing false accusations out there, but happy to defend Fury a known cheat..... ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here