Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Does Donald deserve some credit for getting Kim to the table ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is this thread still going? No. Its a no. A f'ucking no. No. Not yes but no.

no.jpg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
On balance, I like the fact the US President is talking to NK, because I firmly believe that dialogue is always better than not speaking. It doesn't matter to me that Kim has always wanted a summit like this - the point is that nothing ever changes without talking, and you only have to look at Northern Ireland for proof of this.

But that said, don't kid yourself - he hasn't come remotely close to securing a nuclear free Korean peninsular yet.

What he has done though, is go against the widely accepted international view that Jerusalem is not Israel's capital until a settlement is negotiated with Palestine, and has directly caused the deaths of 90 people in the West Bank. He has also almost certainly started an international trade war that in the long run will benefit nobody - including his own people, and upset his closest allies (Mexico - the wall, Canada/Germany - tariffs and general rudeness).

Forgive me if I'm sceptical that any good will come of this Trump/Kim summit. Give it a month or two, some US adviser will say publicly that NK need to denuclearise, NK will tell them to mind their own business, and before long both governments will be descending to the previous ignorant dotard/fat bus conductor rhetoric - all via Twitter obviously.

Nicely put

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
The world is now further away from nuclear apocalypse than it was a few months ago

Both leaders (and the other countries that helped facilitate this) deserve credit.

Both leaders deserve credit for de-escalating a situation they've both been escalating over the last year? Yeah sure give them a phony old Nobel Peace Prize for being such fine, upstanding gents!
I would credit Moon for talking some sense into both of them somehow.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Maybe that is exactly why it worked ? Seems that Trump will get no credit from anyone no matter what he does, he may as well have declared war on North Korea and dropped a few hundred bombs just to show Kim who is in charge. Seems most people think it is a complete waste of time trying to end a 70 year war. Nah let's just carry on the hatred

If you're saying that Trump is leading the fight against HATRED then I think we might be talking about different people.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On balance, I like the fact the US President is talking to NK, because I firmly believe that dialogue is always better than not speaking. It doesn't matter to me that Kim has always wanted a summit like this - the point is that nothing ever changes without talking, and you only have to look at Northern Ireland for proof of this.

But that said, don't kid yourself - he hasn't come remotely close to securing a nuclear free Korean peninsular yet.

What he has done though, is go against the widely accepted international view that Jerusalem is not Israel's capital until a settlement is negotiated with Palestine, and has directly caused the deaths of 90 people in the West Bank. He has also almost certainly started an international trade war that in the long run will benefit nobody - including his own people, and upset his closest allies (Mexico - the wall, Canada/Germany - tariffs and general rudeness).

Forgive me if I'm sceptical that any good will come of this Trump/Kim summit. Give it a month or two, some US adviser will say publicly that NK need to denuclearise, NK will tell them to mind their own business, and before long both governments will be descending to the previous ignorant dotard/fat bus conductor rhetoric - all via Twitter obviously.

Add:
1. Staying ever so close to his buddies The National Rifle Association, whilst bullshitting to parents of kids murdered at schools.
2. Reversing ObamaCare, which gave some state provided medical insurance to the very poor.
3. Huge tax cuts for the richest in society.
4. Giving the go ahead, against the wishes of all before and around him, for devastating oil company pipes through wilderness and sacred native american land in North Dakota.
5. Reversing key parts of the peace deal struck between Cuba and the US.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
[tweet]1007289344334450688[/tweet]

I will be very interested to see how they try to squirm out of this. It's pretty comprehensive.

Click on tweet for full thread.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Let Noam Chomsky educate the clueless. There's been an opportunity to de-escalate this situation for a while now. Obama the warmonger didn't do it, Trump has suggested they would. Plenty of Rachel Maddows in this thread.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Add:
1. Staying ever so close to his buddies The National Rifle Association, whilst bullshitting to parents of kids murdered at schools.
2. Reversing ObamaCare, which gave some state provided medical insurance to the very poor.
3. Huge tax cuts for the richest in society.
4. Giving the go ahead, against the wishes of all before and around him, for devastating oil company pipes through wilderness and sacred native american land in North Dakota.
5. Reversing key parts of the peace deal struck between Cuba and the US.

:thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here