Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Does Donald deserve some credit for getting Kim to the table ?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
My only take on it, I've said it before, and will say it again. Now is the biggest opportunity to bring back spitting image I can remember in decades, so many characters wouldnt need puppets made

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
So as Fox News called it the meeting of "the two Dictators" has taken place and in the space of an hour or so behind closed doors they come up with in the words of Presedent Trump a "pretty comprehensive agreement" the man must be either the greatest leader the world has ever seen or somthing else as he bounces from one continent to another, where he appears to always be the only one to hold a view no one else in the room holds

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So far we have a historic agreement to stop calling each other names.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Record stock market highs, 1.7 million new jobs created, unemployment at a 17 year low, tax cuts helping millions, protection of American jobs, returning GDP to over 3%, first president to meet with and (potentially) disarm North Korea, two new laws giving new powers to act against illegal immigration. And he’s only just over one year into the gig.

I won’t defend some of the things he’s said, but the guy gets stuff done.

Economy goes badly, inherited from the previous regime. Goes well, all completely their doing. Got to love politics.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What a load of horseshhit. Entirely predictable mind. And to think some people believe Trump. F ucking morons as I said earlier.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What a load of horseshhit. Entirely predictable mind. And to think some people believe Trump. F ucking morons as I said earlier.

He can't conduct a meeting with the leaders of the democratic world without insults or falling out, seems quite at home with authoritarian regimes however, Putin, Kim, Jinping, Duterte...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
All as expected. There was no way they could have made any sort of "historic agreement" a) in that length of time or b) with that utter cretin, Trump.

The fact that he comes out with all the ridiculous fanfare, and then keeps a straight face when it's revealed they agreed to nothing new whatsoever, just makes him look ever more deluded.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So as Fox News called it the meeting of "the two Dictators" has taken place and in the space of an hour or so behind closed doors they come up with in the words of Presedent Trump a "pretty comprehensive agreement" the man must be either the greatest leader the world has ever seen or somthing else as he bounces from one continent to another, where he appears to always be the only one to hold a view no one else in the room holds

probably will have overstated the "comprehensive". but i think thats partial why he's got this far, previous presidents wouldn't talk until this and that was promised. Trump seems to focus on a few things, get on with them, i suppose that is one benefit from business background.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Should we invade?

Sorry, I was a bit abrupt. My point was that of course we can't know the outcome yet and will all have to 'wait and see' regardless of our expectations. But to make the point, in effect contradicting the previous poster yet without explanation, sounded a bit like the retort an RE teacher might make to a kid who says 'there is no God and the outcome of my life doesn't depend on prayer'....anyway....it made me smile a bit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The man is a loose cannon imo.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Trump will never get any credit from the left no matter how much good comes of it.
He may be a bit of a plonker but he cracks on and is making changes unlike the usual establishment bellends who are media ruled!!

It’s nothing to do with left or right politics, it’s about saying it’s crazy to give a guy credit for taking the world back from the brink of nuclear war when he was the one that took us to brink in the first place.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Trump is a complete maverick but no way Obama or any other USA president would have made it happen imo. Strange times we live in

I don't agree with this, Obama made dialogue happen with Cuba and Iran, and agreements with both. What Trump is demonstrating is that talking is always better than not, and when both sides share a common end-goal then dialogue is likely to be positive.

I will credit Trump with this, but not make it out that somehow his way of working has led to this. This has worked because in his narcissistic ways he wants this kind of thing as a legacy, just like destroying the agreement with Iran is a way of destroying Obama's legacy. Its all very self-centred, but in the NK case hopefully it will benefit the wider world.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't agree with this, Obama made dialogue happen with Cuba and Iran, and agreements with both. What Trump is demonstrating is that talking is always better than not, and when both sides share a common end-goal then dialogue is likely to be positive.

I will credit Trump with this, but not make it out that somehow his way of working has led to this. This has worked because in his narcissistic ways he wants this kind of thing as a legacy, just like destroying the agreement with Iran is a way of destroying Obama's legacy. Its all very self-centred, but in the NK case hopefully it will benefit the wider world.

My thoughts entirely

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here