Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see the harm in Trump agreeing to meet Kim. I mean, opening dialog has never been a bad thing has it? In fact, I do wonder what the point of others flatly refusing to do so has ever achieved. And that's as much credit as I'm giving either of them.

Call me when something actually happens. Nothing worthwhile has happened here whatsoever, except we get to see Fat Kim outside his own country for a change. Meh. Meanwhile, Trump remains a total moron setting the world back 2 decades (you don't have to be and idiot to believe that, by the way), and Kim presides over a starving, failing land where people disappear to gulags. All this rock star treatment for the pair of them makes me sick.
    But the point is that something did happen - the gradual legitimisation of Kim's regime. Kim gets what he wanted all along.
    'I’m big and I’m loud and I never let anybody know what I'm feeling. Sometimes it’s so difficult…I..I really like you, Halo' 'I like you too, Toy. You’re my best friend' 'Sure. Best friends. That’s what I meant.'
    'So put a church key in your pocket, we'll hop that freight train in the hall'

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by brakespear View Post
      But the point is that something did happen - the gradual legitimisation of Kim's regime. Kim gets what he wanted all along.
      And the Chinese are going to start lifting sanctions, and Trump has been busy cosying up with them too.
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm

0 Not allowed!
      I just hope that he doesn't live up to the psychopathic, red button pressing, unstable, lunatic narrative that people like to project onto him. So he deserves some credit, for now, for not starting a nuclear holocaust and being perfectly reasonable. In fact, he was almost human..
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      The world is now further away from nuclear apocalypse than it was a few months ago

Both leaders (and the other countries that helped facilitate this) deserve credit.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by blue-shifted View Post
      The world is now further away from nuclear apocalypse than it was a few months ago

Both leaders (and the other countries that helped facilitate this) deserve credit.
      Nuclear Apocalypse is taking it a bit far, it would have been one of the shortest and most one-sided wars ever!

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      Maybe if he's got a spare 5 minutes he could sort out Brexit for us.
      Simples. He would leave with no deal. We could all do that in 5 minutes.

He doesn't actually get anything done. Obamacare was going on day 1, but he looks at it for a while, says "nobody knew it could be so complicated". He can rip up deals, walk away from deals, refuse to do deals ... but to sit down and work through something with a resolution at the end of it? Nah, not seen any sign of that yet.
      "I looked straight across to Graham Turner and their whole bench was in tears."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kalimantan Gull View Post
      I don't agree with this, Obama made dialogue happen with Cuba and Iran, and agreements with both. What Trump is demonstrating is that talking is always better than not, and when both sides share a common end-goal then dialogue is likely to be positive.

I will credit Trump with this, but not make it out that somehow his way of working has led to this. This has worked because in his narcissistic ways he wants this kind of thing as a legacy, just like destroying the agreement with Iran is a way of destroying Obama's legacy. Its all very self-centred, but in the NK case hopefully it will benefit the wider world.
      You not seen the Denis Rodman interview on CNN then .

Awkward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Fresh Nappies wanted, CASH WAITING!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by blue-shifted View Post

Is that "a few months ago" when Trump was publicly calling him "little rocket man" and threatening North Korea with "fire and fury."
      "I looked straight across to Graham Turner and their whole bench was in tears."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bladders View Post
      You not seen the Denis Rodman interview on CNN then .

Awkward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      This video?:

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by symyjym View Post
      This video?:

That was a genuinely painful watch.