Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast
    Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Is this thread still going? No. Its a no. A f'ucking no. No. Not yes but no.

Name:  no.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  246.2 KB
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      On balance, I like the fact the US President is talking to NK, because I firmly believe that dialogue is always better than not speaking. It doesn't matter to me that Kim has always wanted a summit like this - the point is that nothing ever changes without talking, and you only have to look at Northern Ireland for proof of this.

But that said, don't kid yourself - he hasn't come remotely close to securing a nuclear free Korean peninsular yet.

What he has done though, is go against the widely accepted international view that Jerusalem is not Israel's capital until a settlement is negotiated with Palestine, and has directly caused the deaths of 90 people in the West Bank. He has also almost certainly started an international trade war that in the long run will benefit nobody - including his own people, and upset his closest allies (Mexico - the wall, Canada/Germany - tariffs and general rudeness).

Forgive me if I'm sceptical that any good will come of this Trump/Kim summit. Give it a month or two, some US adviser will say publicly that NK need to denuclearise, NK will tell them to mind their own business, and before long both governments will be descending to the previous ignorant dotard/fat bus conductor rhetoric - all via Twitter obviously.
      Nicely put
      Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Randsta View Post
      Who are you one of Foxes friends? I think Mueller will have something to say about it
      You realise Jimmy Dore is an extremely Liberal left leaning Bernie Sanders supporting commentator don't you? No of course you don't
      It's a marathon, not a sprint.
      hove born&bred

0 Not allowed!
      Test
      Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class Juan Albion's Avatar
      Pontypool (Not THAT Pontypool, the one with the zombies)

0 Not allowed!
      Cricket
      Daniel Ortega must go. Hero turned villain. Murderous scum.

0 Not allowed!
      yes, as does Mickey, Minnie and Daffy

0 Not allowed!
      He really should get himself a contract phone.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by blue-shifted View Post
      The world is now further away from nuclear apocalypse than it was a few months ago

Both leaders (and the other countries that helped facilitate this) deserve credit.
      Both leaders deserve credit for de-escalating a situation they've both been escalating over the last year? Yeah sure give them a phony old Nobel Peace Prize for being such fine, upstanding gents!
      I would credit Moon for talking some sense into both of them somehow.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spielberg View Post
      Maybe that is exactly why it worked ? Seems that Trump will get no credit from anyone no matter what he does, he may as well have declared war on North Korea and dropped a few hundred bombs just to show Kim who is in charge. Seems most people think it is a complete waste of time trying to end a 70 year war. Nah let's just carry on the hatred
      If you're saying that Trump is leading the fight against HATRED then I think we might be talking about different people.
      "I looked straight across to Graham Turner and their whole bench was in tears."

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      On balance, I like the fact the US President is talking to NK, because I firmly believe that dialogue is always better than not speaking. It doesn't matter to me that Kim has always wanted a summit like this - the point is that nothing ever changes without talking, and you only have to look at Northern Ireland for proof of this.

But that said, don't kid yourself - he hasn't come remotely close to securing a nuclear free Korean peninsular yet.

What he has done though, is go against the widely accepted international view that Jerusalem is not Israel's capital until a settlement is negotiated with Palestine, and has directly caused the deaths of 90 people in the West Bank. He has also almost certainly started an international trade war that in the long run will benefit nobody - including his own people, and upset his closest allies (Mexico - the wall, Canada/Germany - tariffs and general rudeness).

Forgive me if I'm sceptical that any good will come of this Trump/Kim summit. Give it a month or two, some US adviser will say publicly that NK need to denuclearise, NK will tell them to mind their own business, and before long both governments will be descending to the previous ignorant dotard/fat bus conductor rhetoric - all via Twitter obviously.
      Add:
      1. Staying ever so close to his buddies The National Rifle Association, whilst bullshitting to parents of kids murdered at schools.
      2. Reversing ObamaCare, which gave some state provided medical insurance to the very poor.
      3. Huge tax cuts for the richest in society.
      4. Giving the go ahead, against the wishes of all before and around him, for devastating oil company pipes through wilderness and sacred native american land in North Dakota.
      5. Reversing key parts of the peace deal struck between Cuba and the US.